- 2 cloves garlic
- 1- 2 large sweet potatoes, roughly choped, skin on
- 1 cauliflower
- 1-2tbs your favourite spices, I like, cumin, coriander, turmeric and a bit of smoked chilli
- 2-4 tbs coconut oil
- Black Sesame Seeds, optional
- 150g coconut pulp - optional, (leftovers from making coconut milk or cream)
- salt and peper to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Heat oven to 200 degrees.
Place garlic into the TM bowl & chop for 3 secs speed 7. Add the sweet potato & chop for 2 -3 secs on speed 5. Scrape this out of the bowl & place onto a large baking tray.
Place cauliflower pieces into the TM bowl & chop on for about 5 secs speed 4. Then add to the baking tray with the chopped sweet potato. Add coconut oil - spices, salt, sesame seeds & coconut pulp (if using) bake on 200 degrees 20 mins.
Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
See step by step pictures on my website //arwensthermopics.com/arwens-roasted-cauliflower-rice/
Perfect to serve with a butter chicken instead of rice or with any other curries.
Or cold it makes for an awesome salad, add some almonds & fresh greens & other favourite salad ingredients.
Created for the Nutrition for life workshop as part of The 3rd Age Woman course at Pure Pilates Tasmania.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Thermie Green Scrambled Eggs