- 50 g Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, in 2cm lengths
- 3 slices bacon, roughly cut
- 400 g parsnips, cut into chunks
- 600 g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 150 g Milk
- 30 g Butter
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place cheese into TM bowl, grate 5-10 seconds speed 8 and set aside.
2. Place chives into TM bowl, chop 2-3 seconds speed 7,scrape down, repeat if necessary and set aside with cheese.
3. Place bacon into TM bowl, chop 10 seconds speed 5 and set aside separately.
4. Place parsnips, potatoes and milk into TM bowl and cook 20-25 minutes 100 deg.C speed soft until tender.
5. Meanwhile cook chopped bacon by baking, frying, grilling or microwaving until crisp.
6. Insert butterfly into TM bowl, if desired, and mash vegetables 10-20 seconds speed 3-4. Do not over process.
7. Remove butterfly, add cheese, chives, bacon, butter and pepper and stir 10 seconds speed 2-3.
8. Heat 1-2 minutes to 100 deg.C speed soft and serve immediately.
1. Tasty Cheddar Cheese can be used in place of the Parmesan; 100g would be needed.
2. One or two cloves of garlic can be chopped and sauteed in a little oil, before adding the vegetables and milk.
3. Parsley or spring onions can be substituted for the chives if desired.
4. Can be made with or without using the butterfly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- DATE DOUGHNUTS with Spiced Sugar
- TZATZIKI (Yoghurt Cucumber Dip)
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- Roast Garlic & Butternut Pumpkin 'Hummus'
- GARLIC & PARSLEY RISOTTO
- Curried Parsnip Pie
- Stir Fried Parsnips
- Parsnip Potato Bake
- BRUSSELS SPROUT 'CAKE'
- Brussel Sprouts in 7 Spice Broth
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS SAFFRON RISOTTO
- SILVERBEET PANCETTA CALZONE
- Banana, Date & Pecan Bread - Sugar Free - Dairy Free
- Curry Pea Soup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread
- Tuna Mornay
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx