- 350 gram brown rice
- 50 gram Red Quinoa, rinsed
- 200 gram pumpkin or sweet potato, cubed
- 50 gram currants
- 50 gram Mixed seeds
- 50 gram pumpkin seeds
- 0.25 bunch shallots, finely chopped
- 1 level tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 level tbsp soy sauce, gluten free, Tamari
- 1 level tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 level teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch salt
8Recipe is created for
9Autumn Spring Summer Winter BBQ Buffet Children birthday Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Easy Natural Quick Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Children food Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Side dish Heating Steam cooking Steam cooking with Varoma Vegetable dish
- Add 900 grams of hot water to TM bowl, add basket with rice and quinoa. Cook for 15 minutes on speed 4, 100 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cube pumpkin and place in Varoma dish. Place on top of TM bowl and cook at Varoma temperature, speed 4, for a further 20 minutes, or unitl rice is cooked.
- Remove Varoma and rice basket, and set aside to cool.
- Empty the still warm TM bowl and immediately add all salad dressing ingredients. Insert the butterfly and mix for 20 seconds on speed 2.
- Add all salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Add dressing to taste. Start with half the dressing, add more if desired.
Mix the salad
The original recipe was provided by chef Francois of Solar Springs Health Retreat at Bundanoon. I added the quinoa and changed the quantity of 400 grams cooked brown rice to uncooked.
You can subsitute the brown sugar and soy sauce for Ketjap Manis, which is quite sweet already.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom Fettuccine Carbonara
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Autumn Pear cake
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip