- 100 g pecorino, cheese cubed
- 2 tsp Peppercorns
- 1 leek, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 30 g olive oil
- 6 potatoes, approximately 600 grams, well-washed
- 500 g beef liquid stock, beef, vegetable or chicken
- 300 g Milk, or water if desired
- parsley, fresh, chopped
- chives, chopped
- pecorino cheese, grated
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- rock salt, freshly ground
- black peppercorns, freshly ground
Place cheese and peppercorns into TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 10. Set aside.
Place leek and butter into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
Saute for 3 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 2.
Add the potatoes and chop for a few seconds on speed 4.
Add the stock (or equivalent water & stock cubes) and cook for 30 minutes at 100°C on speed 2-3 or until potatoes are well cooked.
Add milk and cheese and cook for a further 4 minutes at 100°C on speed 2-3.
Puree by bringing speed up slowly to speed 8 for approximately 30 seconds.
The soup is extremely hot at this point, so use caution.
Serve hot with fresh ground salt & pepper to taste, garnish, and crusty bread
Serving the soup
This soup is rich, creamy and peppery, and delicious with crusty bread.
I do not peel my potatoes as there is lots of flavour and goodness under the skin.
For a less rich soup, you could try replacing the milk with water.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Loukoumia - Greek or Turkish Delight
- Wattleseed Shortbread