- 2 bunches Fresh Asparagus spears
- 400 g Chicken Bone Broth or Liquid Stock, //www.recipecommunity.com.au/basics-recipes/chicken-bone-broth-liquid-stock/307930
- 1 large red onion
- 3 sprigs Oregano, fresh, leaves only, (originally Lovage)
- 1/2 bunch Coriander, fresh, leaves only
- 5 leaves Fresh Sage, (originally Savoury)
- 2 Whole extra large eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
Translated from the latin 'Alia Patina De Asparagis', this translates to 'Another Asparagus Custard' and was a dish eaten in imperial Rome approximately 2000 years ago.
More information can be found here: //100yeardiet.wordpress.com/
When made it is a light and wholesome soup and delicious as a light meal or lunch or as an appetiser.
1. Trim and rinse the asparagus and then steam in the thermomix by adding the chicken stock and water to the mixing bowl, place the simmering basket into the mixing bowl and put the lid on without the measuring cup, place the asparagus spears tips up through the hole in the lid so the tips are sticking out the top. Steam for 25 mins / 110 degrees / speed 1. When done leave all of the cooking stock in the mixing bowl. Remove the asparagus and cut off 2-4 of the asparagus tips to set aside for serving.
2. Take the simmering basket out of the mixing bowl and put the asparagus back into the cooking stock. Add all remaining ingredients except the eggs to the Thermomix, blitz for 10 secs / speed 10.
3. Select automated custard setting for 3-4 portions of normal thickness; add the eggs and skip through the instructions to the automated start.
4. Turn the dial to start the automated cooking process and when done, blitz for another 45 secs / speed 5 gradually increasing to speed 9 to make it creamy and smooth.
Serve immediately with cracked pepper, extra fresh herbs and/or parmesan and with reserved asparagus tip/s rested in the centre of each bowl.
Part of a series relating to: //100yeardiet.wordpress.com/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Green goodness soup
- Potato Soup
- Roasted pumpkin and carrot soup
- Cauliflower and brocolli soup
- Roast Pumpkin, Garlic & Corn soup with Caramelised Onion
- Cream of Brocolli Soup
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Pita Bread; Gluten Free, Yeast Free
- Blueberry tea - cold and flu relief
- One Basic Gluten Free Bread Dough 3 Ways!! Instructions for making Naan, Bread rolls or A small loaf of bread
- Gluten Free Choc Chunk Cookies
- Gluten free soft corn tortillas
- Chicken Bone Broth (liquid stock)
- Cheats chicken pies (Gluten free substitute friendly)
- Gluten free soft n fluffy pizza base