- 50 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 500 g water
- 150 g brown onion, cut into quarters
- 25 g oil
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ -1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 250-270 g plain flour
- 15 g oil
- 150 g lukewarm water
- 600–700 g beetroot, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 dried mushrooms (any variety)
- 1400 g water
- 2 tsp sea salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 whole allspice berries
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp Majoram
Place mushrooms into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6.
Add water and cook 20 min/100°C/speed 1.
Strain mushrooms through simmering basket and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place onion and oil into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down side of mixing bowl with spatula, then sauté for 5 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add drained mushrooms, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and lemon juice, and cook 1 min/100°C/speed 2.
Transfer mushroom mixture into a bowl and set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place flour, oil and lukewarm water into mixing bowl and knead 2 min/.
Transfer dough onto a ThermoMat or lightly floured work surface and divide in half. Roll out one portion of dough to a 2mm thickness. Cut dough into squares (6 x 6 cm).
Place ½ tsp mushroom filling into the centre of each square, and fold edges together diagonally to form a triangle, sealing the edges with your fingertips. Wrap two corners around at the front to form dumplings (or “ears”), and pinch ends together to seal. Repeat with remaining filling and squares of dough.
Roll out remaining portion of dough, and repeat step 9.
Place a large saucepan of water over high heat and bring to the boil. Add dumplings to saucepan in 2-3 batches, and cook until dumplings float to the surface (approx. 2-3 minutes). Using a slotted spoon, remove dumplings, transfer to a ThermoServer or large bowl and cover to keep warm.
Place beetroot, garlic and dried mushroom into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 5.
Add water, salt, pepper, sugar, bay leaves and allspice and cook 25 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add vinegar and marjoram and mix 10 sec/speed 2.
Strain soup through simmering basket into a large bowl. Discard contents of simmering basket. Season to taste. Distribute soup between serving bowls, add dumplings to serving bowls and serve warm.
Porcini mushroom dumpling filling
This traditional Polish festive recipe is courtesy of Grace Mazur, Managing Director, Thermomix in Australia.
These Polish dumpkings (Uszka), are often referred to as 'Polish Christmas Ears' and are traditionally served up in Borscht on Christmas Eve.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Five Ingredient Thai Green Curry Recipe:
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- Pumpkin Pie
- Salted Cashew and Coconut Slice
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Keto Ice Cream
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie