- 200-300 g boneless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, cut into half
- 2 celery stalks, roughly cut
- 1 large brown onion, cut into quarters, or 1 1/2 medium size onions
- 1 potato, peeled and quartered, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Su's Asian Chicken Stock Paste, (Refer //www.recipecommunity.com.au/basics-recipes/sus-asian-chicken-stock-paste/74850)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put 1 litre of boiling water into TM bowl.
2. Add chicken thighs, carrots, tomatoes, celery, brown onions, potatoes (if using).
3. Add chicken stock paste.
4. Cook for 15-20 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed 1.
5. If vegetables are not soft, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Accessories you need
Chinese ABC Soup is a simple to make (that's why it's called "ABC"), nutritious Asian soup/broth using basic ingredients such as chicken, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes and onions. The traditional way of making takes 2-3 hours of simmering on the stove.
For time poor people, this Thermomix version takes only 15-20 minutes and it tastes reasonably close to the traditional ABC soup.
The secret ingredient is the Asian Chicken Stock Paste. I use Su's version, which is on the recipe community website.
You may vary the ingredients according to your preference, e.g. add corn, replace chicken with pork, omit potatoes, omit celery, etc.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup