- 2000 grams fresh clams
- 1.5 litre water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 250 grams clams
- 6 beef bacon or bacon, sliced
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 500 grams chicken stock granules/paste
- 200 grams cream
- 250 grams Milk
- 100 grams corn kernels
- 1 tbsp chicken stock, homemade
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 20 grams Butter
- 350 grams spaghetti, cooked
- 1 small broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
Recipe is created for
1. Bring water to a boil. Add salt.
2. Put in clams to cook. Dish out with a strainer.
3. Leave to cool then remove clams from the shells. Unfortunately, from 2kgs of fresh clams, I only got 250g of clam meat. Set aside.
1. Put peeled onions and garlic into the bowl. Blizt 3 secs / sp 6. Scrape down.
2. Add in butter. Cook 3 minutes / 100C / soft speed.
3. Add in sliced bacon. Cook 2 minutes / 100C / soft speed.
4. Place the brocolli in the veroma tray.
5. Pour chicken stock and stock granules/paste in the bowl. Insert veroma on the top. Cook 20 minutes / 100C / soft speed.
6. Remove veroma and set aside.
7. Add in the rest of the chowder ingredients except cooked clams. Cook 10 minutes / 100C / soft speed. Add in the clams at the last minute of cooking time (1 minute mark).
8. Taste. Add salt if needed.
9. In a bowl, put in cooked spaghetti, and brocolli. Pour in the chowder.
10. Serve hot.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Barney Banana Ice Cream