THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 500 g fennel, washed, trimmed and cut into 1/4 or 1/8 depending on size
- 2 small leeks, white part only, washed and cut into 3 cm slices
- 4 French Shallots, peel and halved
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 litre Chicken stock or water
- 125 g thin (pouring/whipping) cream
- sea salt
- 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- 8 sage leaves
- 70 g unsalted butter
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place fennel into mixing bowl and chop 4 secs / speed 5. Remove from mixing bowl and set aside.
Place leeks and shallots into mixing bowl and chop 5 secs / speed 7.
Add butter, a little sea salt and olive oil and saute 4 mins / 120°C / speed 1.
Add fennel and stock to mixing bowl, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid and cook 20 mins / 100°C / / speed 1.
Add cream to mixing bowl, insert measuring cup and blend 1 min / speed 4-8 increasing speed gradually
Whilst soup is cooking, saute bacon in a frying pan over a medium heat until crispy. Add the sage leaves and 70g unsalted butter, then cook the butter untill it is nut brown and the sage is crisp.
Divide the soup among four bowls, top with the bacon and sage and add a good grind of white pepper.
Adding herbs is also a really nice thing to do to enhance the flavours of the soup.
A dash of Pernod would take this soup to another level.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Corn and Cauliflower Soup
- Goulash Soup, German Style
- Curried Cream of Vegetable Soup
- Simple hearty pumpkin soup
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Leek potato soup
- Sweetcorn and Potato Chowder
- Creamy pumkin soup
- Deb's tasty Cauliflower Soup
- Roasted apple and pumpkin soup
- chinese five spice
- Sweetcorn and Potato Chowder
- Lebanese Eid Biscuit Kaak Alkhamees Mr2od Ka'ak Black Seed
- Durban Naan
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Pork and Fennel Ragu
- Dukkah Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Coconut Chicken Curry
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Gurkha Chicken Curry -adaptation to Jamie Oliver's