- 250 grams green lentils washed
- 1 onion, Cut into quarters
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 litre water
- 50 gram long rice
- 600 gram Boiling water
- Juice of one lemon
1h 15minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop onion, speed 4 , 5 seconds.
Scrape down then add Oil and Saute 5 minutes, 100 degrees on speed 1.
Add washed lentils, salt and 1 litre of water, insert simmering basket, cook for 50 min, on 100 degrees speed 1 with the MC off.
Once done, remove simmering basket and blend for 1 minute on speed 5-9 increasing the speed gradually with the MC on.
Add rice and 600 grams of boiling water to the pureed lentils and cook for 15 minutes on 100 degrees, speed 0.5.
Pour into a thermoserver and stir in the lemon juice.
You can serve with toasted Lebanese bread.
The soup will thicken once it is cold. If you like a more liquidy soup add more boiling water when cooking the rice.
Lemon and salt are optional
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply