- 250 grams green lentils washed
- 1 onion, Cut into quarters
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 litre water
- 50 gram long rice
- 600 gram Boiling water
- Juice of one lemon
1h 15minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop onion, speed 4 , 5 seconds.
Scrape down then add Oil and Saute 5 minutes, 100 degrees on speed 1.
Add washed lentils, salt and 1 litre of water, insert simmering basket, cook for 50 min, on 100 degrees speed 1 with the MC off.
Once done, remove simmering basket and blend for 1 minute on speed 5-9 increasing the speed gradually with the MC on.
Add rice and 600 grams of boiling water to the pureed lentils and cook for 15 minutes on 100 degrees, speed 0.5.
Pour into a thermoserver and stir in the lemon juice.
You can serve with toasted Lebanese bread.
The soup will thicken once it is cold. If you like a more liquidy soup add more boiling water when cooking the rice.
Lemon and salt are optional
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Raspberry & Coconut Scones
- Paper Mache boiled flour and water paste
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Spring onion Butter Cookie
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)