- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 grams Butter
- 400 grams Tinned tomatoes
- 200 grams red lentils, (washed)
- 1.5 tablespoons TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 750 grams water
- 1 centimetre Parmesan rind
- 400 grams red kidney beans, (washed)
- 1 small handful of Spinach Leaves, (washed)
- salt & pepper, (optional)
8Recipe is created for
Chop onion and garlic 3 sec / speed 5, srcape down sides of bowl
Add butter, saute 3 min / Varoma / speed 1
Add tinned tomatoes, chop 3 sec / speed 7
Add red lentils, stock concentrate, water, parmesan rind, cook 15 min / 100C / speed 2
Add kidney beans, small bunch spinach leaves cook for further 5 min / 100C / Speed 2
Discard parmesan rind
Add salt and pepper to taste
Serve with dollop of sour cream and warm crusty bread
Accessories you need
A versatile soup that can be changed to your own preferences. Substitute the kidney beans for chick peas or the spinach leaves for silverbeet leaves.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Soup with Chorizo
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Pear
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Sweet Potato, Carrot, Coconut and Lime Soup
- Broccoli, Zucchini & Leek Soup
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- The Daily Mix - Chicken and Corn Soup
- Pumpkin, lime & coconut soup
- Vegetable soup (with McKenzies dry soup mix)
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup