- 500 grams Mince Meat, Beef, pork, turkey - whatever
- 100 grams Parmesan cheese, Chopped into 1cm squares
- 1 Handful fresh parsley, or 1 inch squeeze of tubed.
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 egg
- 50 grams olive oil
- 1 brown onion, Quartered
- 2 zucchini, Roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick, Roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, Or 1 inch squeeze from tube/1 tsp from jar
- 2 400g cans diced tomato
- 1 litre chicken stock, Or 1tbsp chicken stock powder + 1 litre water / Or 2 chicken stock cubes + 1 litre water
- 80 grams cous cous
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Shred parmesan - 10 seconds - speed 9 - leave in bowl.
Add mince, parsley, oregano and egg - 40 seconds - speed 3
*** Remove and set aside - roughly rinse TM bowl ***
Add onion, zucchini, celery & garlic to bowl - 20 seconds - speed 4.
Add oil. Cook 3 minutes - 100º - speed 3
*** During this time, roll mince into bite sized meatballs and put on Varoma trays - which ever trays they fit on. Wet your hands to make the rolling a bit easier. ***
Add tinned tomato and stock to bowl. Put Varoma with meatballs on top of Thermi. Cook - 20 minutes - Varoma temp - reverse - speed 3
Remove Varoma, pour soup into Thermoserver or large bowl that you can cover. Add Cous Cous - let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Stir it all together and serve with crusty bread.
Accessories you need
This recipe freezes incredibly. It's a staple in our freezer for lunches.
It is a thick soup, so you could get away with calling it a stew.
Please let me know if you find any issues with this recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Variation Best Ever Scones
- Nanna's Tea Cake
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Savoury Biscotti
- Swiss Roll Sponge
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Quick fruit sponge