- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 leek, pale section only, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 or 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1000 grams filtered water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 550 grams broccoli, approximately 2 heads, cut into florets, halve or quarter larger ones, then peel and chop stem to make up weight if necessary
- 15 grams fresh basil leaves, approx. 1/4 cup
- 10 grams fresh parsley leaves, approx. 1/4 cup
- 75 grams Sour Cream (optional)
8Recipe is created for
Chop garlic cloves on speed 7 / 3 seconds
Scrape down sides of bowl and add leek and oil.
Saute with MC off 100C / 3 mins / speed 1
Add potato, water and stock. Cook 10 minutes / 100 C / speed 1
Add broccoli. Don't exceed the max line! Cook for 5 minutes / 100 C / speed 1
Add parsley and basil. Puree for 2 minutes / speed 9.
Stir through sour cream on serving.
If you'd like the soup to be a thicker consitency then sit the simmering basket on the lid instead of the MC during cooking.
It's the fresh parsley and basil that really set this broccoli soup apart from the rest. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do
Recipe originally from Good Taste magazine June 2008.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup
- Mel's Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Spiced Lamb and Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Soup 3 Ways
- Nourishing Chicken and Cauliflower Soup
- Thick and Rich Pumpkin Soup
- Courgette soup Lou`s way
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Veggie, cashew & twiggy stick soup