- 1 brown onion, cut in half
- 1 Lemongrass stalk, white part only
- 1 red chilli, halved, seeds removed if desired
- 2 sprigs coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm piece ginger
- 30 g Butter
- 600 g sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 --- carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 - 2 tbsp vegetable stock
- 600 grams water
- 70 grams coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add Onion, chilli, coriander, garlic and ginger to TM bowl and chop 3sec/Speed 7.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add butter. Saute with MC removed 3 mins/120deg/Speed 1.
Add sweet potato and carrot to bowl and chop 12sec/Speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add water and vegetable stock paste. Cook 20min/100deg/Speed 1.
Add coconut cream and salt and pepper to taste.
Ensure MC is in place and blend for 1min/Speed 9. Take care blending - turn speed selector to speed 5 for first 15 seconds, then gradually increase speed to 9 for remainder of minute.
Serve and garnish with additional coriander leaves and crusty bread if desired.
Use half sweet potato and half pumpkin for a sweeter taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- GF Cheese Biscuits
- Spinach Feta and Mushroom Pie
- Marinated Lamb Cutlets
- Veggie Slice GF
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Vanilla Caramel Custard
- Bacon Sweet Potato and Spinach Risotto
- Beef Hot Pot
- Thai Chicken Cakes GF
- Roasted Pear Vanilla and Buttermilk Sorbet
- Peach Raspberry Yoghurt Icecream
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Maple Pancakes
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow