- 1 tablespoon ghee, butter or coconut oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1.5 inches ginger or galangal, peeled
- 1 fresh red chilli, halved
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped (including greens)
- 1-2 sticks lemongrass, bottom third, sliced lengthways
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 500 grams broth, fish, chicken or beef
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or palm sugar
- 1 large pinch salt
- 1 small handful mushrooms, halved
- 5 large kaffir lime leaves, whole, gently scrunched
- 8-12 Raw Prawns, peeled
- 1 handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 handful thai basil, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
Add shallots, ginger, chilli, garlic and ghee. Chop 2 seconds/speed 8. Scrape down, then cook 3 minutes/varoma/speed soft. (Scrape down once throughout).
Add tomatoes and lemongrass, then cook for 1 minute/varoma/speed.
Add the broth, set for 10 minutes/reverse/speed 2, then add your fish sauce, salt and maple syrup.
At 5 minutes to go: add mushrooms and kaffir lime leaves.
At 1 minute to go: add prawns, coriander, basil and coconut cream and lime juice.
Accessories you need
Thai herbs are full of immune-boosting compounds so great in winter or at the onset of a cold!
You can substitute left over chicken meat for the prawns.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- All Green Stock Powder
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Recco Classico
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Creamy Bacon Thyme Sauce
- Pasta with spicy tomato sauce
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Vegan Dhal Tadka