- 1 tablespoon ghee, butter or coconut oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1.5 inches ginger or galangal, peeled
- 1 fresh red chilli, halved
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped (including greens)
- 1-2 sticks lemongrass, bottom third, sliced lengthways
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 500 grams broth, fish, chicken or beef
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or palm sugar
- 1 large pinch salt
- 1 small handful mushrooms, halved
- 5 large kaffir lime leaves, whole, gently scrunched
- 8-12 Raw Prawns, peeled
- 1 handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 handful thai basil, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
Add shallots, ginger, chilli, garlic and ghee. Chop 2 seconds/speed 8. Scrape down, then cook 3 minutes/varoma/speed soft. (Scrape down once throughout).
Add tomatoes and lemongrass, then cook for 1 minute/varoma/speed.
Add the broth, set for 10 minutes/reverse/speed 2, then add your fish sauce, salt and maple syrup.
At 5 minutes to go: add mushrooms and kaffir lime leaves.
At 1 minute to go: add prawns, coriander, basil and coconut cream and lime juice.
Thai herbs are full of immune-boosting compounds so great in winter or at the onset of a cold!
You can substitute left over chicken meat for the prawns.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours
- Savoury Beef and Vegetable Soup
- chicken noodle soup with vegetables
- Get Moreish Pumpkin Soup
- KETO FRIENDLY Cauilflower, bacon and pumpkin soup
- Rich Minestrone soup with pasta
- Pumpkin Soup with Chorizo
- African Peanut Soup
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Pear
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Sweet Potato, Carrot, Coconut and Lime Soup
- Broccoli, Zucchini & Leek Soup
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Stock Powder
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Porcini & Garlic Salt
- Fully Loaded Risotto
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN