- Milk, to soak livers
- 500 g chicken livers
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 50 g Butter
- 1 sprigs rosemary
- 40 g tomato paste
- 30 g Port, or Brandy
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp shelled pistachio
- 1 sprigs parsley leaf, fresh
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 pinches ground black pepper
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tbsp cream, whipping, 30-40% fat
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 250 g Boiling water
- 1 tsp honey
- bayleaves, to decorate
- mixed peppercorns, to decorate
24h 10minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Clean and soak livers in milk overnight.
Rinse livers and drain before use.
- Before starting pate make jelly.
Mix together gelatin, boiling water and honey. Stir until combined and leave to cool while you make the pate.
- Place garlic, onion and rosemary into bowl, chop 3 Sec/Sp 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add butter and saute, 3 Min/120/Sp 1.
- Add chicken livers, tomato paste, Port, cranberries, pistachios, parsley, seasoning, bay leaf and cream. Blend 10 Sec/Sp 6. Scrape down sides of bowl. Cook 6 Min/100/Sp 3.
- Blend pate 20 Sec/Sp 7 until smooth.
Pour into 6 small ramekins, smooth top and clean edges of dish.
Put bayleaf and peppercorns on top of pate, cover with jelly.
- Place in fridge to set.
Serve with cornichons and crackers.
If you would like to freeze, omit jelly topping and top with melted butter.
Consume within a few days of making or freeze up to one month.
Pate with jelly topping
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Best Masala Tea Making Recipe
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Soft Cheese
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Vintage Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Dip
- Red Salmon, Dill and Finger Lime Dip
- Chiko Roll - Gluten Free
- Corn and Turmeric Chowder
- Vegetable Curry Puffs
- Pumpkin & herb doggy treats
- My Everyday White Bread
- Coffee Streusel Muffins
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Treens Cheese Sauce
- Curried egg
- BASO SAPI (INDONESIAN MEAT BALLS)
- Rhonda's Rocky Road
- Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pie
- Choc Honeycomb Muffins
- Low FODMAP Choc Peanut Bliss Balls
- Magnolia Kitchen allergy friendly chocolate cake