- Milk, to soak livers
- 500 g chicken livers
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 50 g Butter
- 1 sprigs rosemary
- 40 g tomato paste
- 30 g Port, or Brandy
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp shelled pistachio
- 1 sprigs parsley leaf, fresh
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 pinches ground black pepper
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tbsp cream, whipping, 30-40% fat
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 250 g Boiling water
- 1 tsp honey
- bayleaves, to decorate
- mixed peppercorns, to decorate
24h 10minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Clean and soak livers in milk overnight.
Rinse livers and drain before use.
Before starting pate make jelly.
Mix together gelatin, boiling water and honey. Stir until combined and leave to cool while you make the pate.
Place garlic, onion and rosemary into bowl, chop 3 Sec/Sp 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add butter and saute, 3 Min/120/Sp 1.
- Add chicken livers, tomato paste, Port, cranberries, pistachios, parsley, seasoning, bay leaf and cream. Blend 10 Sec/Sp 6. Scrape down sides of bowl. Cook 6 Min/100/Sp 3.
Blend pate 20 Sec/Sp 7 until smooth.
Pour into 6 small ramekins, smooth top and clean edges of dish.
Put bayleaf and peppercorns on top of pate, cover with jelly.
Place in fridge to set.
Serve with cornichons and crackers.
If you would like to freeze, omit jelly topping and top with melted butter.
Consume within a few days of making or freeze up to one month.
Pate with jelly topping
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Salted Cashew and Coconut Slice
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Keto Ice Cream
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"