- 1 jar Vine leaves, (I used approximately 100g of my jar)
- 2 Small brown onions
- 40 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh dill
- 10-12 sprigs parsley (leaves only)
- 300 grams long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon veggie stock paste
- dash salt
- dash black pepper
- 15 grams lemon juice, (juice of one whole fresh lemon)
1h 0minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Weigh out the rice in the simmering basket.
- Wash the rice until the water runs clear - keep to the side.
- Add the herbs to the mixing bowl and chop 7 seconds speed 7, scrape down the mixing bowl and repeat. Keep herbs to the side.
- Add brown onions and chop 7 seconds speed 7. Scrape down and repeat if necessary.
- Add olive oil, without measuring cup saute 4min, Varoma temp soft speed.
- Insert the butterfly.
- Add reserved rice, herbs, stock paste, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 mins, varoma, reverse speed 1.5.
- Allow to cool.
- Rinse and drain the vine leaves.
- With the smooth side down, put a teaspoon of the rice mixture at the bottom of the leaf, fold the two sides in toward the mixture and roll tightly.
- Arrange the rolls in the varoma dish with the flap of the vine leaf underneath. Place them in reasonably snuggly but leave some of the holes in the varoma dish uncovered to allow steam to circulate.
Add 700ml of warm water to the mixing bowl and cook on varoma temp, speed 2 for 40mins. You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on how many you are making.
These go beautifully with a tzatziki dip!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Apple Fruit Jam
- Baba Ganoush Chicken
- Cheats Thermomix Pasta Sauce Napoletana Style
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Quick hash browns
- Vegetable and Tuna Pattie
- Heydon's Crepes
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini