- 250 grams extra light olive oil, (must be extra light)
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder or smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches white pepper
- 30 grams fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste concentrate
- 1 egg
- 300-500 grams cooked peeled prawns
- 1/2 head of coral lettuce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- a few sprigs of fresh parsley or chives
- Measure out olive oil into a separate jug or cup, set aside
- Add all remaining ingredients except oil, then set the machine to 2 minutes / speed 4 / mc on and pour oil slowly onto the lid of the mixer, this should take 2 minutes but if you finish early just let the machine continue mixing until the time runs out.
Store refrigerated in a sanitized jar up to 1 week
- Mix the sauce with the prawns (use all the sauce if using 500g prawns, or use ¾ of the sauce if using 350g prawns)
- Wash and chop lettuce
- Serve dressed prawns on top of the lettuce, you can make these in individual glasses too.
- Dust with paprika and top with fresh herbs
Prawn Cocktail Method
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies
- Simple sausage rolls
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)