- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g oil
- 100 g red curry paste, (from EDC)
- 1-2 tbsp tamarind puree
- 500 g Prawns, peeled
- 3 tomatoes, halved
Recipe is created for
Place onion and garlic into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Add oil and curry paste and sauté for 3 minutes at 100°C on speed 1.
Add tamarind purée and cook for 10 minutes at 100°C on Reverse + speed soft. Add prawns and tomatoes and cook a further 5 minutes at 100°C on Reverse + speed soft. Check that the prawns are cooked thoroughly before proceeding to the next step.
Serve with steamed rice and sprigs of fresh coriander or mint.*Tamarind purée is available in most Asian supermarkets. Tamarind juice can also be used but increase the quantity to 55g.
Don’t be tempted to use a commercial red curry paste, you will not get the same fragrant result.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- Refined Sugar Free Muesli Bars
- My Grandma`s Cheese Cake
- Banana Oat Cookies
- Genovese pasta
- Peanut butter and popcorn muesli bars
- Soph’s Pasta Sauce