- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g oil
- 100 g red curry paste, (from EDC)
- 1-2 tbsp tamarind puree
- 500 g Prawns, peeled
- 3 tomatoes, halved
8Recipe is created for
Place onion and garlic into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Add oil and curry paste and sauté for 3 minutes at 100°C on speed 1.
Add tamarind purée and cook for 10 minutes at 100°C on Reverse + speed soft. Add prawns and tomatoes and cook a further 5 minutes at 100°C on Reverse + speed soft. Check that the prawns are cooked thoroughly before proceeding to the next step.
Serve with steamed rice and sprigs of fresh coriander or mint.*Tamarind purée is available in most Asian supermarkets. Tamarind juice can also be used but increase the quantity to 55g.
Don’t be tempted to use a commercial red curry paste, you will not get the same fragrant result.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Sue’s White Bread Loaf
- Rich Tomato Sauce
- Yorkshire puddings
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Beef Stroganoff