- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g oil
- 100 g red curry paste, (from EDC)
- 1-2 tbsp tamarind puree
- 500 g Prawns, peeled
- 3 tomatoes, halved
8Recipe is created for
Place onion and garlic into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Add oil and curry paste and sauté for 3 minutes at 100°C on speed 1.
Add tamarind purée and cook for 10 minutes at 100°C on Reverse + speed soft. Add prawns and tomatoes and cook a further 5 minutes at 100°C on Reverse + speed soft. Check that the prawns are cooked thoroughly before proceeding to the next step.
Serve with steamed rice and sprigs of fresh coriander or mint.*Tamarind purée is available in most Asian supermarkets. Tamarind juice can also be used but increase the quantity to 55g.
Don’t be tempted to use a commercial red curry paste, you will not get the same fragrant result.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gunnadoo raw Muesli
- Seaweed Wrapped Dim Sims (GF)
- Curry Puffs
- Dolmades (Stuffed Vine Leaves)
- soft cheese
- Chicken Spinach Feta Triangles
- Chicken Bites
- Shredded Chicken with Mayonnaise & Chives
- Asian Chicken Meatballs in the Varoma
- Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta Sausage Rolls
- Satay Chicken Balls
- Veggie Patties
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup
- Gunnadoo's healthier allergy-friendly bars
- ThermoMonts' Brazilian cheese puffs
- Pasta with Mushrooms
- Thick and Rich Pumpkin Soup
- Nut-Free Granola Bars
- Nut Free Muesli Bars
- Eggplant Parmigana
- Sweet Potato, Chickpea & Eggplant Hotpot
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Robyn's Rissotto
- Bacon, Spinach & Red Pesto Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Nanna's Pasties