- 250 g Jasmine rice
- 480 g water
- 16 large prawns, peeled (except for the tails) and with veins removed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 --- snowpeas, with strings removed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped into smallish chunks
- 30 g corriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 15 g mint leaves
- 1 green chilli, deseeded
- 1 teaspoon Ground roast cummin
- 1 teaspoon Coconut sugar
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 5 tablespoon natural yogurt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place simmering basket into TM bowl and weigh in 250gm jasmine rice.
Fill TM bowl with cold water till just covering rice.
Wash 1 min, speed 7.
Lift basket out of bowl and drain thoroughly. Empty all water from the bowl.
Add 480gm fresh water to the bowl and bring to the boil - 3 minutes, Varoma, speed 2.
Replace simmering basket with washed rice and cook 5 minutes, Varoma, speed 2.
Pour water and rice into a pre-heated dry thermoserver. Place lid on and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Place lemon juice, mint leaves, green chilli, roast cumin, coconut suar and ginger into the bowl and chop 20 seconds on speed 6, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add yogurt and blend for 1 minute on speed 8. Set aside.
Preheat a griddle pan. Toss the prawns in the lemon juice and olive oil and allow to sit while you prepare the other salad ingredients. Blanche the snow peas by adding them to the top of the Thermoserver rice. Chop the cucumber and strip the corriander leaves from their stems. Just before you are ready to serve, sear the prawns on a griddle for a couple of minutes each side.
Assemble the salad by first placing the rice and topping it with the salad ingredients. Lastly, drizzle the dressing over everything. Eat.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Protein Balls (Nut Free)
- Croquettes of Chicken
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Salmon Salsa Stack
- Pork liver parfait - Danielle Dixon
- Thai Chicken Balls
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Zucchini Cheesy 'Bread'
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- ThermoMonts Zucchini Croquettes
- Gunnadoo raw Muesli
- Seaweed Wrapped Dim Sims (GF)
- Chicken Fusilli in creamy white wine sauce
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Tuna Risotto
- Nut Free Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Easy 11 minute lunchbox combo - protein carbs and veggies!
- Strawberry Irish Cream Liqueur (Faux Strawberries and Cream Bailey's)
- Mocha Hot Cross Buns
- Muesli Biscuits
- Pork and Mushroom Linguine