- 250 g Jasmine rice
- 480 g water
- 16 large prawns, peeled (except for the tails) and with veins removed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 --- snowpeas, with strings removed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped into smallish chunks
- 30 g corriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 15 g mint leaves
- 1 green chilli, deseeded
- 1 teaspoon Ground roast cummin
- 1 teaspoon Coconut sugar
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 5 tablespoon natural yogurt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place simmering basket into TM bowl and weigh in 250gm jasmine rice.
Fill TM bowl with cold water till just covering rice.
Wash 1 min, speed 7.
Lift basket out of bowl and drain thoroughly. Empty all water from the bowl.
Add 480gm fresh water to the bowl and bring to the boil - 3 minutes, Varoma, speed 2.
Replace simmering basket with washed rice and cook 5 minutes, Varoma, speed 2.
Pour water and rice into a pre-heated dry thermoserver. Place lid on and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Place lemon juice, mint leaves, green chilli, roast cumin, coconut suar and ginger into the bowl and chop 20 seconds on speed 6, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add yogurt and blend for 1 minute on speed 8. Set aside.
Preheat a griddle pan. Toss the prawns in the lemon juice and olive oil and allow to sit while you prepare the other salad ingredients. Blanche the snow peas by adding them to the top of the Thermoserver rice. Chop the cucumber and strip the corriander leaves from their stems. Just before you are ready to serve, sear the prawns on a griddle for a couple of minutes each side.
Assemble the salad by first placing the rice and topping it with the salad ingredients. Lastly, drizzle the dressing over everything. Eat.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Devilled ham spread
- Creamy onion dip
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Easy Peasy Chinese-y Spring Rolls
- Pate en Crouté
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- Spinach Balls
- Chicken and Port Pate with Jelly topping
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets
- Protein Balls (Nut Free)
- Croquettes of Chicken
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- LS Spelt Bread
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Swirl Layered Mooncake
- Lactation Cookies
- Black bean milk