THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 70 g flat pancetta, cut into thin slices
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed
- 50 g Butter
- 16 scallops, flesh only
- 2 tbsp truffle ponzu
Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pancetta onto baking tray and cook in a 180°C oven for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
2. Once crisp, remove from the oven and pat with paper towel to remove any excess oil. Place into mixing bowl and grind 15 sec/speed 10. Set aside.
3. Place kaffir lime leaves into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5, or until a very fine consistency is achieved.
4. Add butter and melt 4 min/60°C/speed 1.
5. Cook scallops in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes each side, taking care not to overcook if your scallops are smaller in size.
6. To assemble, place scallops onto a serving plate and drizzle with kaffir lime butter, ensuring each scallop has some kaffir lime leaf flecks on top. Sprinkle over pancetta dust, lightly drizzle truffle ponzu over and around the scallops and serve.
Truffle Ponzu is a sauce made by Hans Lang and Marianne Kempf from Gala Restaurant. Gala Restaurant is one of Grace's favourite restaurants. Each year Grace and Witek take their staff to Gala Restaurant for a Christmas degustation feast!
Hans and Marianne both have the ability to match food, wine and condiments that has been developed over many years of cooking. Here they have introduced Western Australian truffles to a traditional Japanese Ponzu dressing to achieve a spectacular sauce. Ideal as a dipping sauce for sushi, sashimi or gyoza, drizzling over cold roast meat or adding to a salad dressing.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Donut ice-cream
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Curried sausages
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies