- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed), 400ml
- 40 grams extra virgin olive oil
- juice of medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 45 grams pine nuts, toasted
- 30 grams currants, soaked for 20 mins in hot water
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
Place the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt in the TM bowl and mix for up to 1 minute on Speed 5 (or until desired consistency is achieved). For a coarser dip, use 20-30 seconds.
Add the pine nuts and drained currants to the TM bowl. Mix 8 seconds on Speed 2, Reverse.
Arrange on a plate or in a bowl.
Serve Turkish Chickpea Dip as an appetizer with small, toasted pide slices.
Make dip according to above directions and remove from the TM bowl.
Chop the onion and garlic for 3 seconds on Speed 5. Add cumin, paprika and olive oil.
Saute for 2 minutes at 90°C on Speed 1.
Add chickpea mix, tahini and yoghurt. It makes a luxrious dip especially the next day when the flavours have intensified.
Turkish Chickpea Dip
Turkish Chickpea Dip variation
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Bacon, sweet potato and zucchini slice
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Variation Chicken Noodle Rice Paper Rolls
- Devilled ham spread
- Creamy onion dip
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Easy Peasy Chinese-y Spring Rolls
- Pate en Crouté
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- Spinach Balls
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Caitys chutney
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Gingerbread house
- Coconut & Chocolate Bliss Balls
- KETO BREAKFAST SANDWICH
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing