Creamy Carrot and Orange Soup
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, halved
- 1kg carrots, roughly chopped
- 950 g water
- 250 g orange juice
- 1/2 Orange rind, finely milled
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 250 g crème fraîche
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, snipped
- 1 tbsp TM vegetable stock concentrate
8Recipe is created for
Place orange rind and mill for 10 sec/Speed 8. Set aside
Place onion and butter into the mixing bowl and chop for 2 seconds/speed 5
Saute for 4 min/Varoma/Speed 2
Add the carrots and grind 4sec/Speed 5
Cook for 10 mins/100degrees/Speed 2
Add 950g water & 1tbs TM vegetable stock concentrate.
Cook for 10mins/Varoma temp/Speed 2
Blend 3 min/ Speed 7
Add orange juice, zest,creme fraiche, salt and pepper
Blend for 30sec/speed 9
Serve with snipped chives
Accessories you need
If you find that you have too much soup when blending, halve it and blend it in two batches. Be careful as it will be very hot!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Broccoli & Blue Cheese Soup
- Moroccan spiced cauliflower & almond soup
- Zucchini, pea and mint soup with shredded chicken
- Hearty and delicious lentils
- Variation What was in the fridge beef broth
- Zucchini & parmesan soup
- Creamy Chicken & Brown Rice Soup (Failsafe - mod sals)
- Chicken Soup
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Israeli Cauliflower Soup
- lobster bisque
- Chicken and Mushroom Udon Noodle Soup