- 500 g chicken breast, roughly cut into cubes
- 500 g mixed vegetables, pelled and roughly cut
- 1/2 brown onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 10 g oil, of your choice
- 1 teaspoon TMX vegetable stock concentrate
- 400 g apricot nectar
- 600 g water
- 400 g brown rice
1. Add vegetables to bowl. Chop speed 5 until you get the size you desire. Stop and scrape down the sides and chop again on speed 6 if needed. Place chopped vegetables into a dish for later use. Scrape bowl out well, but no need to rinse.
2. Add chicken into bowl. Close lid and turbo chop in 1 second bursts until you get the consistency you desire. Remove chicken from bowl and place in dish with chopped vegetables, for later use. Scrape bowl out well, but no need to rinse. (Mix vegetables and chicken together well in dish so no lumps of chicken remain together.)
3. Add onion and garlic into bowl. Chop speed 5, 3 seconds. Scrape down edges of bowl, chop again speed 5, 2 seconds. Scrape down edges again.
4. Add oil. Stauee 100 Degrees, speed 3, 3 minutes.
5. Add stock concentrate, apricot nectar, water and rice and cook 100 Degrees, reverse speed 1.5, 35 minutes.
5. Add chopped vegetables and minced chicken and cook 100 Degrees, reverse speed 1.5, 50 mins.
6. If desired, chop on speed 5 for 10 seconds to get a slightly less lumpy mixture (for younger babies)
7. Let sit for 10 minutes to slightly thicken. If you want a runnier mixture, add more water now and mix on speed 4 until all combined.
You can use what ever vegetables are going limp in the bottom of your vegetable crisper.
Once cooked i freeze individual portions in individual containers. Once frozen i remove from containers and store in zip lock bags in the freezer (that way i can make large amounts of food consecutively without needing huge amounts of plastic containers.)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- My first veggies
- Huevo duro
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Infant/toddler brown rice and veggie risotto
- Infant/toddler sweet potato and lentil casserole
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Oli's Chia Pudding
- Baby Porridge with Berries
- Baby Food - Quinoa and Apple Puree
- Couscous Fingers - Perfect for baby led weaning
- Beef, Carrot and Kumara Puree (6 Months +)
- Thai Green Curry
- My first veggies
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom Fettuccine Carbonara
- Cherry Ripe Smoothie
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Vegan Moussaka