- 500 g chicken breast, roughly cut into cubes
- 500 g mixed vegetables, pelled and roughly cut
- 1/2 brown onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 10 g oil, of your choice
- 1 teaspoon TMX vegetable stock concentrate
- 400 g apricot nectar
- 600 g water
- 400 g brown rice
1. Add vegetables to bowl. Chop speed 5 until you get the size you desire. Stop and scrape down the sides and chop again on speed 6 if needed. Place chopped vegetables into a dish for later use. Scrape bowl out well, but no need to rinse.
2. Add chicken into bowl. Close lid and turbo chop in 1 second bursts until you get the consistency you desire. Remove chicken from bowl and place in dish with chopped vegetables, for later use. Scrape bowl out well, but no need to rinse. (Mix vegetables and chicken together well in dish so no lumps of chicken remain together.)
3. Add onion and garlic into bowl. Chop speed 5, 3 seconds. Scrape down edges of bowl, chop again speed 5, 2 seconds. Scrape down edges again.
4. Add oil. Stauee 100 Degrees, speed 3, 3 minutes.
5. Add stock concentrate, apricot nectar, water and rice and cook 100 Degrees, reverse speed 1.5, 35 minutes.
5. Add chopped vegetables and minced chicken and cook 100 Degrees, reverse speed 1.5, 50 mins.
6. If desired, chop on speed 5 for 10 seconds to get a slightly less lumpy mixture (for younger babies)
7. Let sit for 10 minutes to slightly thicken. If you want a runnier mixture, add more water now and mix on speed 4 until all combined.
You can use what ever vegetables are going limp in the bottom of your vegetable crisper.
Once cooked i freeze individual portions in individual containers. Once frozen i remove from containers and store in zip lock bags in the freezer (that way i can make large amounts of food consecutively without needing huge amounts of plastic containers.)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef, Carrot and Kumara Puree (6 Months +)
- Vegetable and Cheese Mash (6 Months +)
- Roasted Apple, Plum and Vanilla Mash (6 months +)
- Prune and Apple Puree (6 months +)
- Blueberry and Apple Puree (6 months +)
- Broccoli Puree (6 months +)
- Annabel Karmel's Chicken with Apricots by Domestic Thermominx
- 3 course baby meal (& no need to clean the thermie bowl between)
- Apple, Pear and Strawberry Purée - ThermieBub
- Strawberry and Banana Purée - ThermieBub
- Carrot and Zucchini Purée - ThermieBub
- Pumpkin Purée - ThermieBub