- 70 g rolled oats
- 60 g rice
- 170 g spelt flour, or plain flour
- 10 g milk powder, or formula
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 140 g apple juice
- 50 g vegetable oil, or other light flavoured oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Line 2 trays with baking paper and set aside.
2. Add oats and rice to the TMX bowl. Mill 20 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of bowl. Repeat.
3. Add spelt, milk powder & baking powder and process 2 sec/speed 5.
4. Add apple juice, oil and vanilla essence. Mix 5 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl. Repeat.
5. Turn out dough onto a silicone mat & work into a ball. Roll out mixture with a rolling pin until about 2-3mm thick*. Use a scone or biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits (I used a 5cm diameter round cutter).
6. Place biscuits on prepared tray. Note that the mixture will not spread but will rise a little, so you can place them close together on the baking tray.
7. Bake for 25 mins. Biscuits will firm up more on cooling.
8. Keep in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze & thaw before serving.
*Alternatively you can roll teaspoons of mixture into a ball and flatten with the palm of your hand. This is the option you will most likely need to use if subbing for GF flour.
Recipe can easily be halved or doubled.
This is my take on the Whole Kids "Soft Cereal Biscuits" for 6+ months.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roasted pumpkin, zucchini and carrot puree
- Banana Oat Baby Rusks
- Nappy Balm
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Baby's chicken, vegetables and rice all in one (6 months)
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Baby Constipation Cure Pear and Prune Puree
- Baby banana oatmeal
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- My first veggies
- Huevo duro
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Cranberry & White Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Kates Rice Bubble Slice
- Butter Chicken Risotto
- Steamed Whole Snapper with Yellow Curry Sauce
- Raisin & Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten Free
- Deb's Chicken bacon and spinach risotto
- Healthy creamed rice
- Jan’s Curry Rice Salad
- Great Honey Mustard Dressing
- Chilli Con Carne
- Tofu with Leeks