- 250 grams water
- 50 grams salt, fine
- 1 level tbsp cream of tartar
- Food colouring, 4 different colors
- 300 grams plain flour, Plus more to achieve desired consistency
- 1 level tbsp Grapeseed Oil, Swap if child has allergies to grapeseed
- 3 drops essential oil, Choose for childs needs
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place water, salt, cream of tartar into mixing bowl "Closed lid" and heat, 5 minutes / 60c° / speed 3
Allow to cool slightly below 60c°
- Add flour, grapeseed oil and essential oil"Gentle stir setting" , mix 45 seconds / speed 4
Check consistency, add a little more flour if needed, making sure not to over do it. More can be added after kneading if need be.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
Select kneading function "Dough mode" 1 minute
Check consistency. If too sticky add a little more flour and knead for a further 30seconds.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide into 4 equal parts.
Roll into balls and create a well in each one.
Drop a few drops of food colouring into wells. Hand knead colour into dough.
- Store in an airtight container
The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
Accessories you need
Double the salt if you wish to have a stronger preservative action.
If you only wish to have one color add food coloring in step 2.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Baby's chicken, vegetables and rice all in one (6 months)
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Baby Constipation Cure Pear and Prune Puree
- Baby banana oatmeal
- My first veggies
- Huevo duro
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Infant/toddler brown rice and veggie risotto
- Infant/toddler sweet potato and lentil casserole
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Honey Chicken
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Aunty Lizzy’s Butterscotch Tart
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy