- 100 g plain flour
- 75 g warm water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp dried instant yeast
- olive oil spray
- 50-70 g potato, peeled
- 750 g water
- 500 g Baker's Flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried instant yeast
- warm water, for sprinkling
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place a glass bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh flour and water into it. Add salt and yeast, then stir to combine. Cover with a kitchen towel and set aside for 3 days. Do not stir or agitate (see Tips).
- Spray a loaf tin (25 x 9 x 11 cm) with oil, then line with baking paper and set aside.
- Place potato into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Transfer potato into simmering basket.
- Place 500 g of the water into mixing bowl, insert simmering basket with potato and cook 8 min/100°C/speed 1. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and set aside to drain. Rinse mixing bowl.
- Place flour, remaining 250 g water, 60 g of Sourdough starter, oil, salt, yeast and reserved potato into mixing bowl and combine 10 sec/speed 5, then knead Dough/3 min. Transfer dough onto a silicone bread mat or into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with kitchen towel and allow to prove for 30-40 minutes in a warm place or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Knock down dough and shape into a loaf. Transfer into prepared loaf tin and prove again in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Cut a few slits on top of loaf, sprinkle with warm water and bake for 35-40 minutes (200°C), until golden and bread sounds hollow when tapped underneath. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool before slicing and serving.
Accessories you need
Unlike traditional sourdough starters, you do not need to stir or agitate this starter. This starter is ready when it's increased in size and looks aerated (you can see small bubbles). In warmer climates, it might take less than 3 days for starter to be ready (we suggest checking once each day). The starter has not fermented properly if it's hard or firm all the way through (it may have a hard crust on top, but that can be removed and starter underneath used).
Use lefterover starter to make another loaf. You can store the starter in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Scones
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- The Ultimate Mousetraps
- Bacon, Celery & Cheese Muffins
- Annabel Langbein's Sesame Lavosh
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo
- Vegan Paleo Zucchini Bread
- Curry Laksa Cookies
- Chicken & Hidden Vege Sausage Rolls
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Toasted Granola
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Tomato Sauce
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Sugar Cookies