- 5 sheets Shortcrust Pastry, Thawed.
- 1 Egg, Lightly beaten
- 1 level tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2+ tablespoons Corn flour., Make a paste with water to add to the mince if it needs thickening.
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 1 onion, Large
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500 grams Beef mince, Lean
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cummin
- 200 grams tomatoes, Finely chopped
- 100 grams Green olives., Finely sliced
- 3 Hard boiled eggs, Peeled and chopped
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Combine the sauces together in a bowl and set aside.
Half the onion.Place in TM with garlic. 3secs/speed 8
Add oil to TM. 4 mins/100deg/
Add beef. 6 mins/100deg/
Add Cummin, cinnamon, sugar and tomato. 6mins/100deg/
Optional. Add corn flour paste if too liquidy. 2mins/100deg/
Cool. Remove bowl. Stir in eggs and olives.
Cut pastry sheets into 4 even squares.
Spoon about a heaped tablespoon onto each sqare.
Brush edges of the pastry with beaten egg.
Fold one corner of pastry to the diagonally opposite corner.
Press down to seal the edges with fork or pinch with fingers.
Brush top of Empanadas with beaten egg.
Cook at 200C for 20 mins or until golden brown.
Serve hot with remaining sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup