- 5 sheets Shortcrust Pastry, Thawed.
- 1 Egg, Lightly beaten
- 1 level tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2+ tablespoons Corn flour., Make a paste with water to add to the mince if it needs thickening.
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 1 onion, Large
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500 grams Beef mince, Lean
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cummin
- 200 grams tomatoes, Finely chopped
- 100 grams Green olives., Finely sliced
- 3 Hard boiled eggs, Peeled and chopped
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Combine the sauces together in a bowl and set aside.
Half the onion.Place in TM with garlic. 3secs/speed 8
Add oil to TM. 4 mins/100deg/"Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
Add beef. 6 mins/100deg/"Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
Add Cummin, cinnamon, sugar and tomato. 6mins/100deg/"Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
Optional. Add corn flour paste if too liquidy. 2mins/100deg/"Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
Cool. Remove bowl. Stir in eggs and olives.
Cut pastry sheets into 4 even squares.
Spoon about a heaped tablespoon onto each sqare.
Brush edges of the pastry with beaten egg.
Fold one corner of pastry to the diagonally opposite corner.
Press down to seal the edges with fork or pinch with fingers.
Brush top of Empanadas with beaten egg.
Cook at 200C for 20 mins or until golden brown.
Serve hot with remaining sauce.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Curry
- Thermomixtress' favourite Low Carb Satay Sauce
- Laksa Penang
- XO Sauce (Thermomix Singapore)
- Thermomixtress' Chunky Guacamole
- Julie’s Chilli Jam
- Love Ley Choko Pickles
- Rough Eggplant Lasagne
- Whipped Feta with Honey Dip
- Creamy Mustard Chicken
- Jean's Rice Pilaf
- Apricot Chicken Curry - Revamp