- 100 grams brown rice
- 40 grams buckwheat
- 20 grams chia seeds
- 40 grams arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1.5 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 300 grams milk, milk substitute, or water
- 40 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams feta cheese, (cut into 2cm cubes)
- 100 grams gouda cheese, (cut into 2cm cubes)
Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Choose your baking implement - silicon cupcake moulds, muffin trays, individual ramekins (see tips below)... This mix will make approximately 15 rolls. Grease your moulds/tin/ramekins.
Weigh rice, buckwheat, chia seeds, tapioca starch and fennel seeds into TM bowl. Mill for 1 min on speed 9. Set aside.
Place eggs, egg white, milk/water, butter and salt in TM bowl. Mix for 2 minutes, 37 degrees, speed 5.
Add flour mix and baking powder, mix for 1 minute on speed 5.
Add the cubed cheeses. Set dial to closed lid position (), and pulse on turbo 3-4 times.
Divide the mixture up between moulds and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
This recipe was modifed from the Milk Rolls with Cheese recipe in Travelling with Thermomix - page 64.
There are several ways that you can bake these. You can bake them in muffin trays or in individual silicon cupcake moulds, or you can bake them in little individual ramekins. I actually find the end result better with individual ramekins. With the ramekins, they rise taller and end up being scone-like in shape. And you can break it open like a scone too! Of course, they're just as tasty in either mould, so bake them in whatever you have in your kitchen. Picture above is rolls made in silicon cupcake moulds.
They will sink on cooling, don't despair. The centres are squishy and satisfying!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 'Peanut Butter' Banana Fudge (raw, nut-free)
- Raw 'Caramel' Dip (or Date Spread)
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- Mango Chutney
- Gluten-Free Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Gluten-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Vegetable Fritters
- ABC Milk
- Zucchini Flower Risotto with Thyme Oil
- Strawberry, Mango and Passionfruit Jam
- Kuttu Ki Khicdi
- Hot Cross Muffins GF & DF
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- Breakfast Chaffles
- No more coco pops- Puffed Buckwheat choc cereal
- Gluten Free Waffle Mixture
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Gluten Free Muesli Bars
- Gluten Free, Dark Chocolate, Orange Mud Cake with cream cheese & cacao icing (Varoma)
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie