- 55 g Whole Golden Flaxseeds, (1/2cup)
- 120 g water, 1/2 cup
- 20 g Hulled Sesame Seeds, 2tbsp
- 280 g cooked brown rice, 2 cups cooked and cooled or partially frozen
- 5 g tamari, 2 teaspoons
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Salt for seasoning
2h 30minPreparation 2h 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
1. Cook Brown Rice as per EDC - Allow to cool completely.
2.Pre Heat oven to 170C
3. In small bowl add 1/2cup golden flax seeds and 1/2cup water.
Allow to soak for 15mins.
4. Meanwhile Dry Toast sesame seeds in thermomix Varoma Temp, 2mins speed 1-2 No MC. Or until they smell nutty. Put aside, allow to cool.
5. Place cooled rice, gelatinous golden flaxseeds, tamari and oil into thermomix bowl and mix Speed 9, 2mins or until the rice is broken down entirely and you have created a sticky dough. (For best results use partially Frozen brown rice, it will take less time to break down rice)
6. Add in Toasted Sesame Seeds and mix 10sec speed 5
7. Take out 1/4 of the very sticky dough and place it between two sheets of baking paper, press down to flatten, then roll a roller over the top to spread the dough to about 1mm thickness.
8. Peel off the top layer, score the dough with a knife into desired cracker shapes (I slice squares)and season with salt To taste. Repeat until dough is all used.
9. Slide the whole piece of baking paper onto baking tray and cook for 20-30mins or until gold and firm. Keep watch after 20min mark, they can turn quickly.
Allow to cool then snap along the scored slices to serve your
crackers. Store in airtight container.
Golden Rice Crackers
I like to have my brown rice pre cooked and frozen into zip lock bags, so I cut the prep time down for when I want to whip these little beauties up quick.
Using partially frozen brown rice gives a smoother result, as its easier to break down.
Dont be tempted to pull them out of the oven while still a little soft, they will be rubbery and not gloriously crunchy as intended.
I love to serve these up with the ever loved Herb & Garlic dip with Dukkah from the EDC.
Enjoy =) xx
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Puff Pastry
- Rosemary sausage rolls
- LCHF brocolli bake
- Cauliflower and Turmeric flatbread
- Indian Tandoori puffs
- Savoury breakfast muffins
- Spinach & Gruyère Quiche
- Cheesy cauliflower & zucchini muffins
- Vegetable Risotto Balls
- Baked Bubbly Muesli Bars
- Gluten Free Chunky steak, mushroom and mince pie
- Spinach and Chorizo Savoury Muffins
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- Quick Puff Pastry
- ThermoMonts Quinoa Crackers
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Risotto
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Califlower soup with parmesen and bacon dust
- Mango lassi
- Strawberry, kiwi and apple baby food