- 250 g Milk, (any fat % cow's milk)
- 50 g brown sugar, packed
- 65 g Plain unsweetened Yoghurt, (I used Greek)
- 75 g plain flour
- 75 g wholemeal flour
- 65 g dried cranberries, (or other dried fruit of choice)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 50 g rolled oats, (or 1/3 cup more nuts of choice)
- 15 g sunflower seeds, (or other seeds or nuts of choice)
- 15 g pumpkin seeds, (or other seeds or nuts of choice)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric, ground, (can omit)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp rosemary, dried, (or add 1/2 tsp more Thyme)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
1h 30minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 6For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F (all oven types). Grease and line a small loaf tin with baking paper (mine is 21 x 11 x 7 cm )
- Add the milk, sugar and yoghurt to the thermomix bowl "Closed lid" , 10 seconds/speed 4.
- Then add plain flour, wholemeal flour and cranberries. 5 seconds/reverse/speed 4
- Add remaining ingredients, including spices It should be a thick batter, like muffin batter, 5 seconds/reverse/speed 4
- Scrape/pour into tin. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on rack, then wrap in cling wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours, up to 3 months.
- Unwrap loaf and allow to thaw partially so the outside is not rock hard frozen (around 20 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 120C/250F (all oven types).
- Use a serrated bread knife to slice thinly or an electric knife which is what I used – around 2 mm / 1/12” thick. Place biscuits on 2 large baking trays, you can squeeze them in as they won’t expand or stick. You don't need to use all of the loaf immediately, slice and bake what you want/need, then pop back into the freezer for next time - up to 3 months if stored sufficiently.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until they are a golden brown. You may need to swap trays from top to bottom half way through if you are doing a full batch.
- Leave biscuits on tray to cool – they will harden so they snap when you break them.
- Store in an airtight container for 4 weeks. Brilliant served with creamy cheeses like brie, camembert, but soft, creamy blue cheeses is the ultimate pairing! And the wonderful TM6 caramelised red onion chutney.
Accessories you need
This recipe was converted from a wonderful website called Recipe Tin Eats - Author: Nagi
Here is the original link: Homemade Gourmet Crackers | RecipeTin Eats https://www.recipetineats.com/homemade-gourmet-crackers-with-cranberries/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
- Feta, Bacon & Spinach Quiche
- THERMOMUMMA HERB & GARLIC BREAD
- Savoury Scone
- Rosemary Pastry
- Pumpkin topped chicken curry pies
- Janine's Plain Rice Crackers - Thermie and Friends
- The best sausage rolls - veggie packed for kids
- Yorkshire Puddings
- Vegemite and Cheese puffs
- Black Seasame Crackers
- Chocolate Rum and Raisin Icecream
- Julie's Tomato Chutney
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Variation Shortcut Natural Yoghurt
- Zserbo aka Gerbeaud cake (Hungarian layer cake)