- 250 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger
- 3 coriander roots, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion (approx. 150 g), cut into halves
- 15 g coconut oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt, to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp organic fresh or ground turmeric
- 1 egg
- 15 g cold butter, cut into cubes
- 200 g almond meal
- 0.5 tsp Himalayan salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place cauliflower into mixing bowl and chop 20 sec/speed 5. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place ginger, coriander and garlic (fresh turmeric if using) into mixing bowl and grate 2 sec/speed 7.
- Add onion and chop 2 sec/speed 5.
- Add oconut oil and spices and cook 10 min/100°C/speed 2, until onion is translucent.
- Add salt and reserved cauliflower and cook 5 min/100°C//speed 2, until cauliflower begins to soften. Transfer into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place all pastry ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 4 or until a dough forms. Add more almond meal if too sticky.
- Roll dough into a square between 2 pieces of baking paper. Cut into 8x4 inch sqaures. Spoon filling into the middle of each square and fold pastry over to make a triangle shape. Pinch edges together, press with a fork dipped in amond meal to seal. Place onto prepared baking tray and bake 15-30 min (170°C) until golden brown. Samosas will be crisp and golden, but if stored for another day, place back into oven to refresh and reheat if necessary.
Grain free pastry
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Brie and Salmon quiche
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Sticky Date and Pear Cake