- 125 g Tasty cheese
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- 80 g Butter, Room temp, cut into small cubes
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 level teaspoon Cayennne Pepper, or to taste
- 40 g cold water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place Cheese in "Closed lid" . Grate 10secs/Sp8
2. Add Flour, Butter and Cayenne Pepper. "Closed lid" 10secs/Sp5 (or until it resembles coarse sand)
3. Add half the cold water. "Counter-clockwise operation" 10secs/Sp5
4. Add the rest of the cold water. "Counter-clockwise operation" 10secs/sp5
5. Turn out mixture on to thermo mat. Press together to form a ball. Wrap dough in glad wrap and chill for 20 mins.
6. Roll out the dough to 2 to 4mm thickness, and cut into desired shapes. (using a small cutter, you will get about 7 dozen crackers)
7. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
8. Bake in a 180deg oven for 15 mins, or until crispy.
9. Remove from oven. Turn oven off and allow oven to cool to approx 40deg. Return biscuits to cooled oven for approx 10 minutes for further drying (do not turn oven back on).
10. Remove from oven, allow to fully cool and place in airtight container.
Accessories you need
1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper gives a slight hint of heat. Adjust to suit.
To take the "puff" out of the biscuits, place in a microwave on a plate with absorbant paper towel for 1 minute, remove, cover with another sheet of absorbent paper towel and press with another plate. This will make flat discs which are better for toppings.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Loaf
- Pastie Slice
- Savoury Muffins
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Scones
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- The Ultimate Mousetraps
- Bacon, Celery & Cheese Muffins
- Annabel Langbein's Sesame Lavosh
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo