- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, halved
- 3 sprigs parsley, leaves only
- 100 grams Finely diced bacon
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 cups of grated cheese
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 heaped tablespoon Relish or Chutney of choice
- seasoning, to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Line and grease muffin tin.
Place garlic, parsley and onion in mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and add diced bacon. Sauté 5 mins/100°C/Speed 2"Counter-clockwise operation"
Add mixed vegetables and continue to cook for further 2 mins/100°C/Speed 2"Counter-clockwise operation"
Add remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix 20 secs/Speed 4"Counter-clockwise operation"
Scrape sides of mixing bowl and mix for further 20 secs/Speed 4"Counter-clockwise operation"
Divide mixture between muffin cases and bake for 15 to 20 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Accessories you need
I always pre-grate my cheese. if you have not already done so, you can grate 10 secs/Speed 6
To make young child friendly, dice the veggies small and cook a little longer with onion and bacon to soften. I use whatever is on hand, often that includes peas, corn and carrots. Frozen is fine.
I use buttermilk as it gives a softer result but normal milk should do the job just fine.
To boost veggie content, try adding a puree of choice to the mixture
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Loaf
- Pastie Slice
- Savoury Muffins
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Scones
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- The Ultimate Mousetraps
- Bacon, Celery & Cheese Muffins
- Annabel Langbein's Sesame Lavosh
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts
- nutella custard
- Chocolate chips financier
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s