- 500 g plain flour
- 250 g water
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Mahlab, Ground pit of wild cherries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup, For glaze
- 2 tablespoons Boiling water, For glaze
- 250-500 g sesame seeds
Recipe is created for
1. Place flour, yeast, mahlab, sugar and water in this order into the bowl.
2. 5 seconds/speed 7 to combine.
3. Knead for 7 minutes.
Let the dough rest in a lightly oiled bowl for 30-60 minutes depending on the warmth of the room (it will not double in size like regular dough).
4. Prepare your glaze by mixing golden syrup and boiling water to create a thin glaze.
4. Divide dough mixture into roughly 150-160 gram balls which should make 5 portions.
5. Flatten balls using either your fingers or rolling pin into 14-15cm diameter.
6. Using pastry brush, brush the flattened dough with the golden syrup mixture all over.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds generously and push lightly using hands so that the seeds stick to the dough.
8. Place the dough sesame seed side down onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
9. Press 3-4 holes using your index finger into the dough.
10. Glaze with pastry brush, sprinkle and press sesame seeds as previously done on bottom side.
Continue the same method for the rest of the dough while the oven is preheating at 180-200 degrees.
11. Bake until golden in colour keeping in mind that they will take on more colour once stuffed and toasted with cheese.
Place on wire rack to cool. Once at room temperature hold the kaak with palm on top against the kitchen bench and run a sharp knife around to cut in half.
Stuff with any cheese your heart desires with a sprinkle of Sumac for some tang and toast in sandwich press.
Plain flour for best results.
Flatten dough into 1.5cm to 2cm in thickness max
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chillean Empanadas
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Fridgetatas (steamed egg cups)
- Onion and goat cheese scrolls
- Sun dried tomato and halloumi bread
- Savoury Vegetable Medley Muffins
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- Grain Free Pizza Base (AIP, paleo, low carb, yeast free, egg free)
- Spinach and Cheese Burek
- Savoury Brekkie Slice
- Cheese scones
- Jo's Southland Cheese Roll's
- Hainanese Chicken Meal
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Variation Marshmallows
- Passionfruit marshmallow dark chocolate slice.
- Spinach, onion and feta pie
- Cinnamon Scrolls with Caramel Sauce
- GF and DF Orange and chocolate nutty cookies
- Mulberry Crumble
- Dairy Free Custard
- Quick Honey Chicken
- Chillean Empanadas