- 3 cloves garlic
- 20 grams ginger
- 1 teaspoon Dried chilli
- 30 grams Shaoxing rice wine
- 30 grams soy sauce
- 20 grams sesame oil
- 400 grams Chicken (diced in chunky pieces), (I use 2 big thighs and 1 breast)
- 10 grams Dark Soy
- 1/2 can Water Chestnuts (drained)
- 30 grams peanuts
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 Finely diced Capsicum
- 3 Finely chopped Spring Onions
- 3 sheets Puff pastry
- 40g melted butter
- 1 egg whisked
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
In Thermomix bowl, combine garlic, ginger and dried chilli and chop 3secs/speed 3
Scrape down sides of bowl and add rice wine, soy sauce and sesame oil
Add cornflour to a little water and mix with a fork to form a smooth paste. Add cornflour mix and chicken to bowl and mix speed 2//3 secs. Transfer mixture into separate bowl and put in the fridge to marinate for 30 mins
Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the Thermomix bowl and add chicken mixture. Cook for 10 mins/speed 1/120 degrees
Once cooked add dark soy, water chestnuts, peanuts, spring onion and capsicum and cook for a further 10 mins/speed 1/ /100 degrees. Ensure that chicken is cooked.
Let chicken cool down and preheat oven to 180 dgrees. Cut 12 x 2 different sized round discs out of your pastry. One for the base (this should be big enough to cover the inside of a muffin tin ) and one for the top. I used 2 different sized cookie cutters to make it easier
Using melted butter, oil the muffin pan well. Place the bigger pastry disc in the muffin hole, and gently push down to ensure that the base and walls are lined with pastry. Also ensure that there is a little "overhang" at the top, as this will assist us with securing the lid.
Spoon in cooled chicken mixture and brush top of pastry with a little of the whisked egg. Place lid on top and with a fork gentlly press down edges of pie case so that the lid becomes secure to the base (and wil make a fancy looking crust!) Brush pie lid with a little more butter.
Repeat process until all the pies have been made. Bake in oven for 15 mins or until pastry is golden.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Easy Cheesey topped Scones
- Gluten Free Cheese Puffs - WA School Canteen- Assessed AMBER
- Soft Flatbread
- Pineapple and cheese scrolls
- Spinach and cheese scrolls
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Shepherds pie
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Breakfast Beans
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- The Sisters Tomato Relish