- 1/2 slice bread, day old with crusts removed
- 25 g pistachios
- 30 g Milk
- 1/2 onion
- 400 g lamb mince
- mint leaves, generous handful
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch chilli flakes
- 25 g tomato paste
- 10 sheets Filo Pastry, (1/2 a 375g packet)
- 1. Pre heat oven to 200 C
- 2. Place pistachios and bread into the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Set aside and pour on 30g milk to soak into the breadcrumbs. No need to wash TM bowl.
- 3. Add mint and onions to the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Set aside with pistachio and bread mixture. No need to wash TM bowl.
- 4. Add mince to the TM bowl. (If making your own mince, chop lamb into 3cm cubes and pulse 3 to 4 times using the turbo function)
- 5. Add bread and pistachio mixture, onion and mint mixture, egg, paprika, cumin, salt, cinnamon, chilli flakes and tomato paste. Combine for 10-15 seconds on speed 4.
- 6. Stack 5 filo sheets, spraying in between with olive oil. Place half the mixture in a line along the longest width, 4cm from the pastry end and leaving a 4cm border on each side. Roll up halfway, fold in the sides then continue rolling to enclose the filling (don’t roll too tightly as the filling expands slightly when cooked). 7. Repeat with a further 5 sheets of filo pastry, using the remainder of the mixture.
- 8. Place long sausage rolls on a baking tray, not too close together. Spray with a little oil then score pastry at approx 3cm intervals to make 6 portions. Scatter with sesame seeds or thyme if desired.
- 9. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 30 minutes (or until pastry is golden and meat is cooked through).
- 10.Allow to cool slightly and cut into pieces along the score marks.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Maltese Galletti
- My Aussie Meat Pie
- Coconut Loaf
- Pastie Slice
- Savoury Muffins
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Scones
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- The Ultimate Mousetraps
- Bacon, Celery & Cheese Muffins
- Annabel Langbein's Sesame Lavosh
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- DF, GF, RSF School Muesli Bars
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Pecan Pie
- Paleo Apple Cake
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Melting Moments
- Cacao Pistachio Bliss Balls
- Raisin bread