- 2 sheets Shortcrust Pastry
- 30 g olive oil
- 4 red onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp Rosemary sprigs
- 1 clove garlic
- 35 g brown sugar
- 60 g balsamic vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 170 g cream
- 80 g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, sprigs, extra
Place garlic & rosemary leaves into bowl and chop 4 sec, sp 8
Add onions, chop 5 sec, sp 5 (might need another 1-2 sec)
Add caraway seeds and oil. Cook for 30 min, Varoma, Reverse Sp 2 - MC off.
Scrape sides of bowl down, add the brown sugar & balsamic vinegar and cook for 5 min, Varoma, Reverse Sp 2 - MC off.
Set aside to cool
Preheat the oven to 190C. Arrange the pastry sheets to fit the base & sides of a 23cm shallow round pie dish. (can use EDC cookbook recipe or bought) Trim the edges neatly and chill until required.
Place extra rosemary into the bowl and chop 5 sec, sp 8. Set aside (don't need to clean the bowl)
Place the eggs & cream into the bowl and mix 10 sec, sp 4
Arrange the onions in a thick layer over the pastry base and then crumble the feta on top & scatter over the extra rosemary.
Pour over the cream mixture.
Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling puffed and set.
Serve with a green salad and crusty bread
Note: Can be doubled, which will make two long quiches
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Easy Cheesey topped Scones
- Gluten Free Cheese Puffs - WA School Canteen- Assessed AMBER
- Soft Flatbread
- Pineapple and cheese scrolls
- Spinach and cheese scrolls
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- Chicken, Cheese & Vegetable Sausage Rolls
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- Mums Fluffy Cupcakes
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Shepherds pie
- Apricot Slice
- Russian Honey Cake