- 2 sheets Shortcrust Pastry
- 30 g olive oil
- 4 red onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp Rosemary sprigs
- 1 clove garlic
- 35 g brown sugar
- 60 g balsamic vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 170 g cream
- 80 g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, sprigs, extra
- Place garlic & rosemary leaves into bowl and chop 4 sec, sp 8
Add onions, chop 5 sec, sp 5 (might need another 1-2 sec)
Add caraway seeds and oil. Cook for 30 min, Varoma, Reverse Sp 2 - MC off.
Scrape sides of bowl down, add the brown sugar & balsamic vinegar and cook for 5 min, Varoma, Reverse Sp 2 - MC off.
Set aside to cool
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Arrange the pastry sheets to fit the base & sides of a 23cm shallow round pie dish. (can use EDC cookbook recipe or bought) Trim the edges neatly and chill until required.
Place extra rosemary into the bowl and chop 5 sec, sp 8. Set aside (don't need to clean the bowl)
Place the eggs & cream into the bowl and mix 10 sec, sp 4
Arrange the onions in a thick layer over the pastry base and then crumble the feta on top & scatter over the extra rosemary.
Pour over the cream mixture.
Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling puffed and set.
Accessories you need
Serve with a green salad and crusty bread
Note: Can be doubled, which will make two long quiches
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Apricot slice
- Cheesy Sweet Chilli Scrolls
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Zucchini Frittata Variation Pumpkin,chorizo and spinach frittata
- Corn meat fritters
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Zucchini slice
- Chilli Seed Crackers - Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Super Easy British Cheese Straws
- Thermomellie's no meat sausage rolls
- Turkish Pide with cheese and onion
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- Clone of Yummy Apple Shortcake - Raspberry & White Choc Version
- Quick & Easy Bread Dough for Buns/Loaves
- Dark Chocolate and Almond Torte
- Caramel Slice
- Orange, Date & Walnut Muffins
- Lemon Loaf
- Feijoa & Date Cake
- Best Feijoa Cake
- Cream Cheese & Raspberry Coffee Cake
- Lime Tart
- Pumpkin Spice Bread
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sticky Date Slice
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- All Green Stock Powder
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Recco Classico
- Milan's INDIAN Caffe Latte
- Fara's Salmon Curry