- 200 g unsalted butter
- 200 g plain flour
- 90 g chilled water
- 1/2 level tsp salt
- 500 g sausage meat (pork, chicken, beef)
- 20 g Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Dried parsley
- 3 spring onions -trimmed & cut into pieces
- cranberry sauce - for spreading
- Place butter, plain flour, chilled water and salt into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 6 200g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (1-2cm) and frozen 200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting 90g chilled water
Place spring onion/shallots into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add sausage meat, thyme, parsley and Worcestershire sauce and mix 5 sec//speed 4.
Transfer pastry dough onto a lightly floured silicone bread mat or work surface then shape into a ball and flatten into a rough square. Wrap pastry square in plastic wrap (or in silicone bread mat) and place into fridge for 20 minutes.
Unwrap dough and place onto a lightly floured silicone bread mat or work surface, using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a long rectangle 3 times as long as it is wide (approx. 60 x 20 cm). Fold dough into thirds and give folded dough a quarter turn to the left. Repeat rolling and folding process twice, then return to the fridge for 20 minutes or place into the freezer for 5 minutes before using.
Place puff pastry (25 x 40 cm) onto a sheet of baking paper and transfer onto baking tray - spread cranberry sauce over pastry before adding sausage filling. Place sausage mixture down the centre of pastry (approx. 8 cm in width and 30 cm in length). Cut pastry on either side of filling into strips (2 cm wide). Fold up top and bottom ends of pastry to enclose ends and sides of filling. Carefully, place one cut strip of pastry over filling, alternating from one side to another, to enclose filling (ensure each end of pastry is tucked under previous strip). Brush with egg and bake for 20 minutes (220°C) or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving with tomato sauce.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Pizza Base (with hidden veggies!) Makes 2 large bases
- Spinach ricotta star
- Quick flatbread
- EmeraldSue Grain Free Crackers
- Savoury muffin
- Variation Zucchini Slice
- Gluten free cheese scones
- Cheese, Bacon and Onion Scones
- Variation lemon poppyseed muffins
- Cheesy sour cream and chives crackers
- Spaghetti Bolognese Muffins
- KK's Krackers
- German Crust Bread
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- Variation Quick and easy bread rolls
- Jen’s Scottish Tattie Scones
- Spinach ricotta star