- 40 grams sugar
- 330 grams full-cream milk
- 3 teaspoons dried instant yeast
- 80 grams Butter Cubed, softened butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 650 grams bakers flour
- 1 egg
- 10 grams extra milk for brushing
- 1 package soft Brie cheese, or soft Blue cheese
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 4 slices thin ham, chopped
- 20 grams sesame seeds, topping (optional)
Recipe is created for
Place sugar, milk and yeast into bowl, heat 2 mins/37degrees/speed1.
This activates your yeast for rising.
Add all remaining ingredients, mix 10sec/speed7.
Then knead 3 mins/locked lid on wheat dough mixing button.
Put a mug of water in your mircowave and heat for 3mins 30 sec (do not open door)
Once mixed place dough onto a thermomatt and wrap loosely to fit your microwave with the mug of hot water and steam. If you have a steaming oven you can proof in that.
leave in mircrowave oven for 20-30mins to allow the dough to rise.
This is basically the Everyday cookbook Brioche dough. You can reduce the sugar but the dough will not have that sweet taste to go with the savory cheese and ham.
filling can be what ever you have really. Savory or sweet.
soft blue cheese,ham and chives
Brie or cambert cheese with chives, pepitas, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
or you can add a sweet filling like Nutella, cinnamon and apple.
Divide proofed dough into 8 with a bread scrapper or the spatular make a great knive on the thermomatt (no knives on the matt)
place one dough and flatten with the palm of your hand.
Place a bit of each ingredient (follow my filling list for a no brainer) onto your flattened dough and then pull the sides up and firmly opress the dough together. Flatten with your hand and then with an ailed rolling pin roll out shapping as you go into a long oval shape. needs to be nice and thin.
transfer to a board you can use a knive on and cut on a 45 degree angle all the way through. starting at a long edge roll and then form a round shape, pressing ends together, set onto a pre lined baking tray.
brush with milk ans sprinkle with sesame seeds.
follow this for remaining dough till you have all 8.
i tend to do 4 at a time in my oven so they get the middle of the oven heat. and add the next tray once i complete the later 4.
bake on 200 degrees in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 mins.
Serve piping hot. So yummy.
Great for lunch boxes morning tea or afternoon tea, high tea (make smaller rounds)
Method for Brioche
Accessories you need
a litle Oil on your hands and rolling pin will make rolling and shaping easy as.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Weetbix Banana Cinnamon Biscuits
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Apricot slice
- Cheesy Sweet Chilli Scrolls
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Zucchini Frittata Variation Pumpkin,chorizo and spinach frittata
- Corn meat fritters
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Zucchini slice
- Chilli Seed Crackers - Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Chocolate Cake
- Filipino Pandesal
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Spiced Apricot Beef