- 2.5C Freshly milled spelt
- 1C plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 teaspoons EDC baking powder
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
Mix flour and yoghurt together and rest for 12-24hrs***
Place soaked flour, salt, baking powder and butter in
Blend 6 seconds Speed 6
Roll 1/2 dough out between 2 peices of bakng paper until desired thickness
sprinkle over sesame seeds
Use a knife or pizza blade to score dough into desired sizes
bake on baking paper at 180'C for 20mins (or until golden)
Repeat with remainng dough
Store in a sealable glass jar in a cool dark place
*** Soaking improves digestability of spelt by breakng down gluten. This recipe may be well tolerated by those that are sensitive to modern wheat crackers
If you're new to soaking you might want to start with 12hrs in the fridge and work your way up to 24hrs at room temperature
if you like salty crackers sprinkle with salt before baking
iBoth my 7mo and 2.5yo enjoy these plain
Serve with your favourite dip, yum!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cooked Millet (awesome alternative to cous cous)
- Ultimate Breakfast Smoothie (vegan, raw, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free)
- Avo-nnaise aka vegan mayonnaise (egg-free soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo, WFPB)
- Paraati Chana - Indian chickpeas with split peas (vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free)
- Nigerian Falafels - Akara (vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free)
- Apple, Pear and Cinnamon muffins (vegan, egg-free, dairy-free)
- Apple porridge (vegan, paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free)
- Chia Breakfast Pudding (vegan, paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free)
- Mini Quiche - lunchbox, snacks, breaky-on-the-go!
- Rich and Hearty Bolognese w zoodles (paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, egg-free)
- Breakfast Pikelets - 2 Ingredients (Paleo, vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free)
- Saag Gosht - Mild Lamb Curry (Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free,)