- 3 Spring onions chopped
- 1/2 red onion
- 2-3 sprigs each herbs of your choice, i used lemon thyme, chives, parsley, mint
- 1 piece lemon rind thinly peeled
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch silverbeet or baby spinach
- 1 bunch red silverbeet/ruby chard
- 1 litre water
- 1 heaped teaspoon veg stock from EDC, optional
- 4 frozen sheets puff pastry
- 250 gram ricotta
- 100 gram Vintage Cheddar
- 150 gram parmesan/romana or pecorino
- 3 large eggs (700gm)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 gram Butter
- 20 grams olive oil
1.Take frozen sheets of pastry from fridge and set out to thaw
2.Grease a 20x30xcm retangle dish (i use ceramic)
3.Set oven to 210 degrees
4. Place sping onion, onion, herbs, lemon rind, garlic and 1/2 tsp salt into TM bowl. chop 5 sec on 6.
5. Add 10-20ml olive oil and 10 gm butter and saute 2miin 100 degrees speed 1
6. Place water and stock into jug (no need to rinse) set 12 min varoma temp speed 4.
7. While water/stock heating, place roughly chopped silverbeet and chard in varoma and place varoma on top of jug (should almost be at 100 degrees). If all spinach doesnt fit in do half then wait for it to wilt and add more. (stir through so steams evenly). Set for extra 5 mins if not soft and wilted
8. When steamer finished, add wilted silverbeet and chard to onion herb mix, tip out stock or keep to reuse.
9. Rinse jug with cold water and wipe down. (or use second jug)
10. Chop hard cheeses. remove 100gm or so to sprinkle on the top of pie and set aside,
11. Add eggs, ricotta and pepper to the remaining cheese . Mix 10 sec speed 5.
12. Mix egg/ cheese mix though spinach onion mix.
13. Layer one puff pastry sheet on bottom of dish, place a third of spinach cheese filling evenly on top, layer another sheet of pastry on top, pressing side of pastry down, add another 3rd mix, place next layer pastry, then last third, top with final pastry sheet, spray sparingly with olive oil, sprinkle reserved cheese over top and using a sharp pointed knife, insert knife 6 times at even intervals to bottom of dish to create 6 air holes.
14. Place spanakopita pie in oven for 50 mins or until has doubled in height. (if browning too much cover with silver foil but should be ok!)
Sometime i use a saucepan to saute the onion and herbs then add rinsed chopped silver beet and chard with out any extra liquid, cover with lid and allow to steam itself Takes 5-7 min. (check regularly that it doesnt burn) But i find steaming in varoma keeps colour better.
Serve hot with salad, or cold as a snack lunch or in lunchbox.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheat's sourdough
- PIE MAKER- Zucchini Slice
- Sausage rolls
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- Cauliflower Keto Bites (sweet or savoury)
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Yogurt pizza dough
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Quinoa, silverbeet and feta soda bread
- Choc-orange drizzle/dip
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies
- Mayonnaise sushi style
- butternut snap biscuits
- Suz's best Banana and date bread
- Coconut milk using fresh cocout
- Gluten and sugar free "Birdseed" Muesli Bars
- Blood Orange Sorbet
- Coconut milk- using heat
- Coconut milk
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce