- 6 sweet corn cobs
- 4 spring onions
- 1 package parsley leaf, fresh
- 1 package basil
- 5 eggs
- 50 g cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, black, ground, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Flour, Plain
- olive oil, for frying
30h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place corn cobs, two at a time, into the microwave and cook for six minutes (3 minutes per corn cob based on 1200 watt microwave).
Alternatively, you can cook corn in the varoma (husks removed) by adding 700g water to mixing bowl and cooking 20 mins/Varoma/speed 2. Clean and dry mixing bowl before commencing step 3.
2. Once corn cobs have cooled slightly, cut of the husk end off and squeeze corn cob out. Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off the cobs.
3. Add parsley and basil to the mixing bowl and chop for 4 secs/speed 7.
4. Add eggs and mix for 20 sec/speed 4.
5. Add chopped spring onions, cream, flour, salt and pepper and mix 20 secs/ speed 3.
6. Add cooked corn kernels in batches, two cobs at a time, mixing for approximately 30-40 secs/ speed 3 for each batch. For the final batch speed 4 may be required.
7. Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto a hot, well-oiled barbacue hot plate or pan. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
8. Drain fritters briefly on absorbent kitchen paper. Transfer to a serving pate and serve immediately with a tomato salsa or sweet Thai chilli sauce.
Left over fritters freeze well.
Based on a recipe by Julie Biuso.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.