- 450 grams flour
- 300 grams Butter, cubed and very cold
- 150 grams ice cold water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 9 eggs
- 1 egg yolk, to use as egg wash
- 350 grams lean Pork Meat, cubed
- 350 grams good quality Sausage Meat
- 150 grams ham, cubed
- 250 grams spinach leaves, fresh
- 3 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 20 grams olive oil
- 20 grams Butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
1h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Dissolve the salt into the iced cold water.
Put the flour and cold butter in the bowl and blitz for 6 seconds on speed 6.
Add the salty water solution and blitz a further 6 seconds on speed 6.
The dough shout look like small little balls at this stage, it is important not to over mix it so there are still some small pieces of butter through.
Tip the content on a bench or thermomat and quickly work to a ball. Flatten, wrap, and leave to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours
Put 600g of water into the TM bowl, place the steaming basket in with 8 eggs in it. Cook for 12 minutes on Varoma Speed 1.
Set aside, empty and dry the bowl.
Put 30g of butter and the spinach leaves in the bowl and cook 4 minutes on Varoma Speed 1.
Set aside in a dish and place the shallots and garlic in the bowl (without washing it). Chop 3 Seconds speed 7. Scrape the side of the bowl and repeat.
Add 20g of olive oil and sauté 3 minutes on Varoma Speed 1.
Add to the reserved spinach, and reuse the bowl straight away.
Place the cubed pork meat and ham in the bowl and blitz 10 seconds on speed 7.
Add in the sausage mince and mix 20 seconds on reverse speed 3.
Add the reserved spinach, shallots and garlic and mix a further 45 seconds on reverse speed 3
Add in one egg, the mixed herbs, 1 tsp of sea salt and some cracked pepper to taste.
Mix on reverse for 30 seconds speed 4.
Peel the boiled eggs and cut there tops and bottoms close to the yolk (so each slice get a nice round egg piece in the middle.
Pour the remainder of the meat and press it around an on top of the eggs to cover them nicely. Pressing is important, we don’t want any air pocket which will make the Paté fall apart when we slice it)
Cut a rectangle the size of the tin with the leftover pastry and use it to cover the op of the pie.
Flip back the edges of the bottom pastry over the top rectangle to seal the top of the pie nicely. Use a fork or the tip of a sharp knife to create pretty decorations on the lid of the pie.
For the Pastry
For the filling
Accessories you need
If you don't have time to make your own pastry, store bought puff pastry may be used as a substitute.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Breakfast Muffins
- Lunchbox Chicken Bites
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Sourdough discard crackers
- RSPCA Puppy Treats
- Boong eo ppang (Korean Fish Shaped Pastry)
- Latvian Bacon Buns - Pīrāgi
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- 20 Seconds Yoghurt Cake - Gâteau au Yahourt with Caramelized Apple
- Crème Caramel "Maman" with Coconut
- Fig, Date, Macadamia and Cranberry Mince Pies
- Pear, cranberries, Goji Berries and Dates Christmas Mince Pies
- Sweet Dukkah with Orange, Pistachio and Cinnamon
- Savoury Eclairs filled with Smoked Salmon, Dill and Horseradish Cream
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Choc Nut Slice
- Chai Turmeric
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- FNG Bar
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins