- 100 gram currants
- 200 grams water
- 500 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 180 grams basmati rice
- 25 grams Linseeds
- 60 grams buckwheat
- 180 grams polenta
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs, fresh
- 5 large egg
- 100 grams cold pressed vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds whole
Preheat oven to 195 C
1. Presoak the currants in the water overnight (optional)
2. Wash and trim carrots and cut into chunks
3. Place rice in TM bowl and mill 20 secs speed 10 set aside
4. Place buckwheat and linseeds in TM bowl and mill 20 secs speed 9 set aside
5. Place carrots in TM bowl and grind 10 secs speed 8 , set aside on top of flours
6. Place water, eggs, oil and water into TM bowl and mix 1 minute speed 5
7. Return flours, linseeds and carrots to bowl with polenta, currants , cinnamon, herbs and pulp .
8. Mix for 1 minute speed 5 .
9. Oil a large loaf tin and spread evenly over ensuring no air pockets.
10. Sprinkle with Sesame seeds and bake until loaf is cooked through, about 1 ¾ hours.
Optional for additional sweetness, add one ripe banana or few sultanas to mix.
If you are sensitive to buckwheat this can be replaced with millet meal.
It can be sliced and frozen, very yummy toasted.
Converted from a recipe given to me by my customer Ros Grant… with many thanks
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sues Sultana Cake
- Madeleines Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Asian Rhubarb and Carrot Soup
- Egg Tart
- Cod and potato chowder
- Chrissys Sultana and Bran Muffins
- Beef and Pepper Casserole
- Filipino steamed Pork Buns
- Chicken Congee Filo style
- maryannes mashed potato
- Maryannes Seafood Chowder
- wholemeal spelt bread