THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 300 g Almonds (raw)
- 150 g coconut oil
- 110 g Nut Butter - Your Choice
- 75 g Shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1.5 tablespoons raw honey or syrup of your choice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- pinch himalayan pink salt, optional
- Melted chocolate of your choice, optional
Mill almonds speed 6, 5 seconds. Don't mill for too long, you want them chunky (not meal). Set aside.
Melt coconut oil 2 mins, 60 degrees, reverse speed 1-2 (may take longer if it's cold!)
To melted coconut oil, add all remaining slice ingredients (except chocolate) including the almonds you set aside. Mix on speed 4 for approx 20-30 seconds. Watch it through the hole in the lid and stop when it has completely combined. Don't overmix or you will end up with a paste!
Press into a 9x9 tin lined with baking paper and smooth the top. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours.
Melt some dark chocolate or make some from raw cacao and coconut oil (plenty of good recipes on the web). Drizzle or pour over the top of the cold slice and put back in the fridge for an hour before cutting into bars and serving.
Try Quirky Cooking's nut butter, it is delicious //www.quirkycooking.com.au/2010/09/nut-butter/
Adapted from the recipe posted by The Paleo Mum //www.thepaleomom.com/2011/11/almond-coconut-bars.html
Photo credit also goes to The Paleo Mum!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice
- Banana & Caramilk Muffins
- Oaty ginger crunch
- Cinnamon slice
- Jersey Caramel Slice
- Rhubarb Cake
- Choc almond bliss balls