- 55 g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 100 g almonds, toasted
- 120 g cream cheese
- 30 g amaretto liqueur, or 1 tsp almond essence
- 2 sheets Puff pastry
- 1 egg, for brushing
- icing sugar, for dusting
8Recipe is created for
1. Preheat oven to 220ºC. Line a large flat baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Place sugar and vanilla bean into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
3. Add almonds, cream cheese and liqueur or almond essence and mix 10 sec/speed 5.
4. Cut one sheet of puff pastry into halves and lay the first half onto prepared tray. Score around the edges of one half (see picture) and spread half of the cream cheese mixture into the centre of the scored piece. Slash the top sheet of pastry and place on top of the cream cheese mixture then score edges again to seal. Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry.
6. Crack egg into a bowl and beat lightly. Brush top layers of pastry with egg wash and bake for 15-20 minutes ( 220ºC) until golden and base is cooked.
7. Dust generously with icing sugar before serving.
Accessories you need
Other users also liked...
- Banana, Blueberry & Almond Loaf
- LCHF NO BAKE JAFFA CHEESECAKES
- Bindy’s Mud Cake
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- double choc muffins
- Plum Cobbler
- Peach & Cream Cheese Muffins with Mixed Berry Swirl
- Coconut Biscuits - Gluten free, Sugar free
- No Bake Passionfruit cheesecake slice
- Heidi's German Marble cake
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Salted caramel sauce
- Coconut matcha panna cotta
- Cranberry and camembert stuffed chicken
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Carrot, feta and mint salad
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Deconstructed eton mess - Beni Orwell
- Sauerkraut salad