- 55 g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 100 g almonds, toasted
- 120 g cream cheese
- 30 g amaretto liqueur, or 1 tsp almond essence
- 2 sheets Puff pastry
- 1 egg, for brushing
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 220ºC. Line a large flat baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Place sugar and vanilla bean into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
3. Add almonds, cream cheese and liqueur or almond essence and mix 10 sec/speed 5.
4. Cut one sheet of puff pastry into halves and lay the first half onto prepared tray. Score around the edges of one half (see picture) and spread half of the cream cheese mixture into the centre of the scored piece. Slash the top sheet of pastry and place on top of the cream cheese mixture then score edges again to seal. Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry.
6. Crack egg into a bowl and beat lightly. Brush top layers of pastry with egg wash and bake for 15-20 minutes ( 220ºC) until golden and base is cooked.
7. Dust generously with icing sugar before serving.
Accessories you need
Other users also liked...
- Nut Free Muesli Bars
- Choc raspberry brownies
- Cheesecake Brownie
- Orange Waffles
- Nut and Muesli Slice
- swiss slice (shortbread)
- Upside down choc chip banana cake
- Instant Apple Slice
- Gunnadoo's Nut free Wild Orange Bliss Balls
- Vegan Whole Orange and Date Sugar Free Muffins
- Choc Chip Oat Cookies
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup