- 160 g carrots, Chopped into pieces
- 1 apple, Cored and chopped into quarters
- 3 eggs
- 100 g brown sugar, Can substitute with coconut or raw sugar
- 180 g vegetable oil, I use coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 50 g raisins, (can use sultanas)
- 50 g Shredded coconut
- 50 Chopped walnuts, Can use sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- 2 tsp brewers or nutritional yeast, optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp LSA
- 100 g sugar, can use raw, brown or coconut to taste
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 280 g flour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Preheat oven to 160c and prepare a muffin tin lined with 12 muffin cases.
2. Place carrot and apple into bowl "Closed lid" chop
3. Scrape down bowl.
4. Place eggs, oil, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, raisins, coconut and chopped walnuts into bowl "Closed lid" mix
5. Place flour, LSA, yeast and baking soda into bowl "Closed lid" and mix
20secs/speed 3 "Gentle stir setting" .
6. Fill prepared muffin tin. Use ice cream scoop or large spoon to get equal quantities. I made 12.
7. Bake for 25 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
Accessories you need
* These muffins are a healthy and nutritious snack for a new mama. The LSA & yeast help to increase the production of breastmilk and the nuts add a boost of protein. The spices help to warm and improve her digestion, plus she can eat them with one hand! Great lunch box snacks too. They are not overly sweet so feel free to ice them or add a touch more sugar if you want to although the carrots, apple and raisins do make them delicious
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peanut Bites
- Souffle - Spinach
- Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Lemon Cake dairy, nut & wheat free
- Sandwhich Bread
- Apple Dapple Cake
- Gluten free sandwich bread
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter
- Chelsea Winter Morrocan Chicken and Apricot Salad
- Chocolate Fruit and Nut Macaroon Slice
- Anzac Biccies