- 150 g dried apricots, ready-to-eat
- 4 cardamom pods, -cracked
- 1 tbsp baking powder, (gluten-free if required)
- 200 g almonds
- 50 g polenta, (not instant)
- 150 g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Rose Water
- Rose Petals
- very finely chopped pistachios
- 300 g icing sugar
- food colouring, pink
Put the dried apricots into a microwave proof dish, cover them with 250ml hot water, and drop in the cracked cardamom pods. Put in a microwave for 10 minutes, checking that the apricots don't run dry. Then let them cool.
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease the sides of the springform cake tin and line the bottom with baking parchment.
Add almonds to bowl. Mix 20 seconds at speed 9.
Drain the apricots (if needed), Discard the cardamom husks, leaving the seeds in the pan.
Pour the apricots and cardamom seeds into the bowl.
Add polenta, baking powder, caster sugar and eggs.
Give a good long blitz to combine.
Bake for 40 minutes, though if the cake is browning up a lot before it’s actually ready, you may want to cover loosely with foil at the 30-minute mark. When it’s ready, the cake will be coming away from the edges of the tin, the top will feel firm, and a cake tester will come out with just one or two damp crumbs on it.
Accessories you need
To decorate, whisk together icing sugar, 1 tbsp of rose water and some food colouring, pink until smooth (add more rose water if needed).
When the cake is cool, poor the glaze icing on top and garnish with pistachios and rose petals.
Modified from http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/apricot_almond_cake_with_90181
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Applesauce muffins
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Tweaked version of Edna's Lemon Curd Teacake
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Passionfruit Yogurt cake
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Beer Brownies
- Homemade Protein Powder
- Purple Carrot Salad
- Purple carrot soup with ginger, rosemary and coriander seed
- Diet Crème Dessert
- White chocolate cupcakes
- Curried Prawns and Cauliflower
- Eggplant Veloute
- Salmon souffled tart
- Ricotta Polpettine (Cheese balls)
- Beetroot and cashew salad
- Strawberry Risotto
- Polenta gnocchi in creamy pumpkin sauce
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- English muffins, Cheesy or plain
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- Subway style Italian rolls
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Corn Bread
- No Knead Sourdough (FODMAP)
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Chilli Cornbread
- Variation Easy Creamy Polenta
- Fodmap cheese and rosemary polenta fingers