- 50 g hazelnuts
- 450 g brown sugar
- 130 g Butter
- 300 g Self Raising Flour
- 5 g Nutmeg
- 5 g baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300 g sour cream
1h 22minPreparation 32minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a 23cm square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Place hazelnuts in the bowl and blitz for 5 seconds on speed 7.
3. Remove from bowl.
4. Put the brown sugar, butter and flour into the bowl and mix for 5 seconds on speed 8. Mix for another 5 seconds on speed 8.
4. Pour half of the mixture - 440g - into the lined tin.
5. Add the nutmeg, baking powder, egg and sour cream to the mixing bowl.
6. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down the side of the bowl.
7. Mix for another 5 seconds on speed 7.
8. Pour the well mixed ingredients on top of the bottom layer.
9. Sprinkle the hazelnuts evenly over the cake.
10. Bake for about 50 minutes then allow to cook for about 30 minutes in the tin before attempting to remove cake.
11. When cooled, slice into 30 pieces.
Avoid opening the oven part way through cooking or it may sink.
It has a fudgy top and a crisp base, just so moreish!
Lovely as a dessert with honey yoghurt.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry & Vanilla Teacake
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- Peanutbutter choc chip cookie
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Easter Frozen Raspberry Delight
- Amazeballs Protein Balls (Kid friendly)
- Vanilla Cookie Slice (from Rachel Cooks)
- Caramel Crunch Cheesecake (Similar to AWW one)
- Hippety Hop Rocky Road (AKA Easter Rocky Road)
- Weetbix Slice
- Microwave Meringues
- Nutella Pizza
- Stuffed loin of Pork
- Chocolate Plum Pudding
- Christmas Bark
- Delightful Dukkah